Machining a 318 Flywheel for a 360 ?

-

392Mopar

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 72 Duster with a 318/a-833od 4 speed(not original). I found a good running 360 out of an 87 Dodge Ram with 57,000 miles for $300 which seems like a good deal. So I'm thinking about instead of working up the 318, just going with a 360, dropping in a new cam, Edelbrock intake, 650 Holley and headers all which I have on the 318, and I have a better platform for working up further in the future.

So I have gathered that in order to bolt up the 360 (which was hooked to an auto tranny) to my 4 speed, I will need either a new externally ballanced flywheel(very expensive) or I see its posible to have a 318 flywheel drilled to 360 specs.

Question is does anyone know someone who can do this, and roughly how much would something like that run? Where can I get the specs for drilling and can any machine shop do it? I'm on a tight budget so if its going to cost too much to swap in the 360 I'll just pass and stick with the 318 for now. Any help would be great. Thanks

Butch

I have the spec sheet and diagrams to do the machining in the right locations.Email me at: [email protected] to ge the diagram sent to you,mrmopartech
Aslo call me and I will explain how its done. 450 424 0445home 514 659 0445 cell

contact Wayne Brewer at Brewers performance in Ohio 937 698 4259.they advertise in all the major Mopar magazines.They can modify your flywheel for you if you don't want to tackle it yourself.He did one for me earlier this year for me,and it worked out great and wasn't to expensive {under 100 with shipping} 8)

360castbalance.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm going to start by contacting Wayne Brewer at Brewers performance, and go from there, something like the ballancing of the engine, I dont want to leave in my hands.

Butch

Anyone know if this is a 360 flywheel? The seller says its a 10 1/2" for a 360(external ballance). So far I've only seen like the diagrame above with the 3 big holes. Is this another type, and would this type work? Thanks

flywheel1.jpg

flywheel2.jpg

Doesn't look like my 360 flywheel at all,I have one for passenger cars and one for truck and both of them have the drilling on the back side so I'd venture to say that is a 318 flywheel,if there is a part # on it someone here might know the fact's
Anyone know if this is a 360 flywheel? The seller says its a 10 1/2" for a 360(external ballance). So far I've only seen like the diagrame above with the 3 big holes. Is this another type, and would this type work? Thanks

Could be a later 360 Magnum or a 340 Cast crank flywheel.

-
Back