MAd Max, Thunder Road

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
anyone see it? I just caught it on popcorntime https://popcorntime.io/ and there is a notchback in it! Towards the end in the final chase, it was point for a few 'miles'. Wow, lots of stunts, storyline would fit in a comic strip. I dont think I heard more than 1 swear word, and no nudity. Strange for a modern thriller type movie. All of the ratrod cars and trucks are worth the watch, and the "Citadel" set is pretty amazing too. Where did they find all those extras? :coffee2:

What is that? The apocalyptic version of a Robert Mitchum moonshine runnin movie?

What is that? The apocalyptic version of a Robert Mitchum moonshine runnin movie?

That's right, man, we got mills here that'll.............

i131363.jpg

The more I read about Fury Road the less I wanted to see it.

I'm a HUGE fan of the first two, and would gladly pay to see either:

1- a true continuation of the original story line.

2- a series of films (or TV series) about the early days of Max's (or goose, or another character(s)) career at MFP.

3- a film about what happened between the first and second, or second and third installments.

I'm also getting a little tired of reboots/re-imaginings.

Storyline??? its 120 minutes of desert chase scenes. They got a monster truck made of 2 59(?) Caddy's on top of each other, and VW's that look like porcupines. The tractor trucks are anything from Mercedes cars on truck frames to Studebakers, Notchbacks, Aussie Falcons, old grannys riding extended swing arm sand bikes..dont knock it until you watch 5 minutes of it. As for the original Mad Max, The ties are very slim, but perhaps it is a huge remake, but about 100X the original budget.

This was possibly the most wasted 122 minutes of my life.... And i have sat through movies like "Sharknado" and "Super Gator vs. Mega Spider...3" on the syfy channel...lol

The older ones were good...this one was beyond ridiculous besides the few neat cars they had in the movie. The rolling wall of guitar amps with the guy playing the flame throwing guitar was about the point i got my phone out the start messing around on FABO. I sadly let it tarnish my tv screen and pollute the soundwaves in my living room until the end, since i had wasted a hard earned 3.29 at family video to rent it. ;)

Now THAT'S good cinema.

You seen Big *** Spider yet? We love that kinda stuff.

LOL I have! i can't get enough of the ridiculous made for TV syfy movies. Yeti and Abominable are two of my personal favorites...i mean...How hungry can a bigfoot be? lol. I think it eats 172 people in yeti.

Storyline??? its 120 minutes of desert chase scenes. They got a monster truck made of 2 59(?) Caddy's on top of each other, and VW's that look like porcupines. The tractor trucks are anything from Mercedes cars on truck frames to Studebakers, Notchbacks, Aussie Falcons, old grannys riding extended swing arm sand bikes..dont knock it until you watch 5 minutes of it. As for the original Mad Max, The ties are very slim, but perhaps it is a huge remake, but about 100X the original budget.

It's supposed to continue the storyline I believe.
Loved it. They packed a bunch of great characters and themes into one big car chase, that didn't feel as boring as a 2 hour car chase sounds. One of my favorite films.

I loved the new one too! FWIW, I bought a gyrocopter after seeing the second Mad Max Road Warrior movie. I always wanted a personal mini-plane after seeing it there. Well, I got it in 2000 and as of today, I haven't finished rebuilding it (too many other projects). The funny thing was that even though my gyrocopter was already about 30 years old when I bought it, the manufacturer was still in business! I bought an entire new hardware kit for it as all of the nuts and bolts were completely rusted. I wouldn't want my life to depend on rusty hardware. Plus the main rotors are new aluminum, instead of the original wooden rotors.

I loved the new one too! FWIW, I bought a gyrocopter after seeing the second Mad Max Road Warrior movie. I always wanted a personal mini-plane after seeing it there. Well, I got it in 2000 and as of today, I haven't finished rebuilding it (too many other projects). The funny thing was that even though my gyrocopter was already about 30 years old when I bought it, the manufacturer was still in business! I bought an entire new hardware kit for it as all of the nuts and bolts were completely rusted. I wouldn't want my life to depend on rusty hardware. Plus the main rotors are new aluminum, instead of the original wooden rotors.

After seeing Beyond Thunderdome, I always wanted one of these:

View attachment airtruk.jpg

It's a Transavia PL-12 Airtruk, built for agriculture. Unfortunately, most of the ones that are left are in museums or not for sale.

I'm really disapointed with this movie....no story line to speak of, even the chase wasn't that good!! But I want to know what sound deadening they used in the monster truck....there was no engine noise at all, you could hear a pin drop when they were talking while driving, very impresive for twin supercharged engines LOL....after paying $30 for a DVD with so much hype about how good it was going to be, I have to watch it again because I'm sure I missed the point of the movie!!

I'm really disapointed with this movie....no story line to speak of, even the chase wasn't that good!! But I want to know what sound deadening they used in the monster truck....there was no engine noise at all, you could hear a pin drop when they were talking while driving, very impresive for twin supercharged engines LOL....after paying $30 for a DVD with so much hype about how good it was going to be, I have to watch it again because I'm sure I missed the point of the movie!!

Should have bought death race with jason Statham off the $5 rack....about a thousand times better. Even straight to DVD death race 2 and 3 were decent.

You all spending money on these throwaways are missing my link in the op, popcorntime is free streaming....i even watched pixels, now that was a throwaway but my kids liked it, and i had to explain alk the old videogame characters. Now my 7 year old is playing pac man and donkey kong on his laptop.

Catch Death Race 2000 with Stallone, it got an 85 on 'rotton tomatoes' that means its pretty bad.

'Fury' with brad pitt was excellent. Sort of an "Apocolypse now" set in 1945 with tanks. Those tanker guys got murdered against the superior Panzer and Tiger tanks of the Germans. Shows all the bad sides of the 'Good War'. Terrible stuff, but a great movie. Very well done. On the other hand, 'Outpost' was pretty bad. Zombie Nazi stormtroopers in present day!

I thought it was a waste of time, plenty of staged action, its all staged I know but this was woeful.
I did like the milking machine bit though.
This didn't live up to the Mel Gibson versions at all.
The Notched Back was I think an Australian Valiant Charger but it did look a little squashed.

Now that one is a Barracuda the other one that kept popping up was different, I cannot go and have another look at the moment but it appeared to be a "skinned" Charger placed over a made to order chassis.

The one in the photo above has six lug wheels (besides a mid-engine).

-
Back