Made some progress this week

-

jmwuva05

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Made some progress this week. I have the engine bay primed, 4 speed hump roughed in and transmission assembled
20220116_155533.jpg
20220116_155526.jpg
20220116_155520.jpg

Looks great, keep at it. Definitely a labor of love! Been making a few changes on mine this winter too. 65'

Thank you all. I am debating whether to weld the 4 speed hump in or not. I have seen a few member on here make it detachable. I thought about forming a gasket for it and using rivet nuts or the like to hold it down. I left enough flange that I could bend it up along the bottom to make a tight seal. Now if it would warm up enough I could spray Color in the engine bay. The engine builder is still about 2-3 weeks out. But I need to decide on a color first. The car was originally spinaker white and I like that color but something in me keeps wanting viper red.

Also I can't day enough good about the auto twirled Carter system I posted a picture of. Make it really nice to be able to move the car with the k member out. Now I can back the car out of the garage to sand. The only problem areas I have on the body is the driver's side quarter panel. It had been hit sometime in the past and there was a fair amount of filler there but fortunately no rust.

-
Back