Mag Force Front End

-

chryco 557

chryco 557
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems setting one of these up ? Mine went in OK , and I`ve done a rudimentary alignment , so far so good .
Experiences ....good .....bad ?????
chryco 557:yawinkle:

chryco 557, Abody joe runs a nother type of front end with alot of square tubing and heavy brackets and does not want to even say that there are other makers of front suspensions.I have seen and driven the magnum force front ends and there are top of the line and on a scale of 1-10, they are 1+,the one that Abody joe runs,its a 4.5.There are others too that have come on the market and from canada and the USA.You should look at the full range of options on all of them and you will land up with the magnum unit.Yes its going to be more cash,thats for sure,but a hyundia pony and a rolls royce are both cars,but there is a difference in quality and workman ship,and being backed by company,mrmopartech

chryco 557, Abody joe runs a nother type of front end with alot of square tubing and heavy brackets and does not want to even say that there are other makers of front suspensions.I have seen and driven the magnum force front ends and there are top of the line and on a scale of 1-10, they are 1+,the one that Abody joe runs,its a 4.5.There are others too that have come on the market and from canada and the USA.You should look at the full range of options on all of them and you will land up with the magnum unit.Yes its going to be more cash,thats for sure,but a hyundia pony and a rolls royce are both cars,but there is a difference in quality and workman ship,and being backed by company,mrmopartech

Well said mrmopartech. We all need to offer our unbiased opinions here to help those who are searching for information/feedback. Joe, I am not saying that your comment is bias but we know that you are loyal to Bill and his product because it is a good product. I have known Ron @ MagnumForce for many years and it is a good product as well - just different. All I can say to chryco is to do your homework and make an informed decision when you are ready. Good luck.

I was wondering the same. Asked a lot of questions to car owners who have both MF and AltK, asked questions to Bill and got some straight answers and asked questions to my chassis builder who has installed both. End result is I got the AltK which is going in my hemi Dart. I don't know if it is better but I do know that I will be happy with it.
Ron / '68 Dart & Cuda / MOPARS RULE / A BODIES REIGN

Has anyone had problems setting one of these up ? Mine went in OK , and I`ve done a rudimentary alignment , so far so good .
chryco 557:yawinkle:

So you bought it and installed it? And where are the pics LOL!

I have read (and was discussed here as well) there were issues with problematic weldings and in the case of A bodies, alignment issues of the tubular K member with the frame.
Me being from Greece I will have to be very careful when I will order something like that for my Duster! Honestly I am leaning towards (if not decided) the RMS one, for which I have read only the best!
But I will never miss the chance of learning more about the Mag Force from a FABO member who is using it!!!
So spit it out LOL :toothy10: and do not forget the pics!

Since we off topic now....."heavy brackets??" on the 1-10 scale is 1 good or bad?? There really a Hyundai vs Rolls Royce difference in the two??

Are the "heavy brackets" the K frame or ???

Well said mrmopartech. We all need to offer our unbiased opinions here to help those who are searching for information/feedback. Joe, I am not saying that your comment is bias but we know that you are loyal to Bill and his product because it is a good product. I have known Ron @ MagnumForce for many years and it is a good product as well - just different. All I can say to chryco is to do your homework and make an informed decision when you are ready. Good luck.

you guys defend them all you want. but you must not read bout them much.

i have read and personally know of people that have had nothing but fitment problems. infact a personal friend had to send his back three times before he got one that fit. i also read about quite a few prople that have had alignment/geometry (sp?) problems with them. too many to be just the alignment guys. and i have read about bad welds. the welds i haven't heard too much about lately but it was still out there and would need to be checked in my opinion. the guys i see that don't have problems with a magnum is the guys that don't really drive their cars much. guys that like to put miles on their cars seem to have problems with that set up..

believe what you want. buy what you want its not my money. i'm giving you my opinion and information from my research. take it for what you want.

and i don't see where i said what frontend i was running here did i ?

i see scott is still holding some kind of grudge on my frontend builder. dude it has nothing to do with me. i don't know what went on between the two of you nor do i really care.

if you do a search on front ends here i have listed what i have heard/read/learned from looking at the different front ends before mine was ever purchased and installed in my car.

Thanks for the constructive replies, All ! I already have the Magnumforce unit installed in my Dart and am very pleased with the design and manufacture of this unit. My car`s a race only application and I have tied it into the front part of the roll cage for further strength. With the Willwood disc brakes , there`s around a 175# weight saving on the front end . Just where you want it. I was interested in knowing about any alignment tips anyone has come up with.
Thanks !
Chryco 557 :yawinkle:

Since we off topic now....."heavy brackets??" on the 1-10 scale is 1 good or bad?? There really a Hyundai vs Rolls Royce difference in the two??

Are the "heavy brackets" the K frame or ???

basically scott is talking out his *** because him and bill the guy who builds the alter-k don't get along.. i know scott was a member at BBD for a long time and something happened between the two of them. i never had a problem with scott and actually got alot of good info from him over the years and still consider him a good guy. but in this thread he is letting his personal feelings get the best of him.

in reality there is not much weight difference between a magnumforce front end and an alter-k.

Thanks for the constructive replies, All ! I already have the Magnumforce unit installed in my Dart and am very pleased with the design and manufacture of this unit. My car`s a race only application and I have tied it into the front part of the roll cage for further strength. With the Willwood disc brakes , there`s around a 175# weight saving on the front end . Just where you want it. I was interested in knowing about any alignment tips anyone has come up with.
Thanks !

on the drag strip you probably won't have too many problems (make sure the welds look good). its when turning comes into affect that people have a problem with the magnumforce unit.

on the drag strip you probably won't have too many problems (make sure the welds look good). its when turning comes into affect that people have a problem with the magnumforce unit.

What sort of problems with turning are you referring to ? Anyone you know have one personally ? There are several A & B - body cars here that have them on the street and are very happy . All Hemi cars by the way . As far as the welds , I found all TIG welds on the chomoly tubing to be sound and that was backed up by a friend who is a certified welder by trade. Also passed inspection by out track tech guy as well . I can go 9.50 `s no problem and after I get my certification (IHRA ) I can run the car flat out . I `m bringing in an AlterK in the next couple of weeks and I`ll weigh it . Stand by for a side by side comparison with pictures. Just for the record I`m not biased or funded in any way Ron Jenkins or Magnumforce Racing . This product suits my needs perfectly and is definitely not junk. In addition , I`ve dealt with RMS and am also quite happy with the parts and advice I`ve received from Bill also .

I found all TIG welds on the chomoly tubing to be sound and that was backed up by a friend who is a certified welder by trade.

like i said the weld issue was a while back but it was out there and i would have it checked like you did. the turning issues usually have to do with the geometry(sp?) and not being able to get it aligned right. now from what i understand they are now using a mustang II spindle (alter-k used a modified one from the begining) wich may have helped the alignment issues. i haven't really heard too much feedback about that yet though.

as far as weight difference goes on the e-body set ups i saw there was a 5 pound difference. the alter-k being the heavier one.

another problem the magnum had was it was twisting frame rails on cars because of how it mounts the coil overs to the stock shock mount wich was never intended to support the weight of the car.. magnumforce has since come out with a bandaid for it but its just that a bandaid for a bad design.

oh and check out the difference between the tie rods on the two. the alter-k is way beefier in that dept. on the track the smaller one will be fine but the street i want the bigger.

like i said you'll probably be fine on the track. i didn't make any of this up and it really doesn't matter what frontend i have. i am just sharing the info i learned while doing research to buy one for myself. theres pleanty of sites that you can go get opinions from and most likely you will hear alot of the same things i mentioned. good luck with yours and let everyone know how it works out for ya.

like i said the weld issue was a while back but it was out there and i would have it checked like you did. the turning issues usually have to do with the geometry(sp?) and not being able to get it aligned right. now from what i understand they are now using a mustang II spindle (alter-k used a modified one from the begining) wich may have helped the alignment issues. i haven't really heard too much feedback about that yet though.

as far as weight difference goes on the e-body set ups i saw there was a 5 pound difference. the alter-k being the heavier one.

another problem the magnum had was it was twisting frame rails on cars because of how it mounts the coil overs to the stock shock mount wich was never intended to support the weight of the car.. magnumforce has since come out with a bandaid for it but its just that a bandaid for a bad design.

oh and check out the difference between the tie rods on the two. the alter-k is way beefier in that dept. on the track the smaller one will be fine but the street i want the bigger.

like i said you'll probably be fine on the track. i didn't make any of this up and it really doesn't matter what frontend i have. i am just sharing the info i learned while doing research to buy one for myself. theres pleanty of sites that you can go get opinions from and most likely you will hear alot of the same things i mentioned. good luck with yours and let everyone know how it works out for ya.

O.K. Thanks Joe !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryco 557 View Post
chryco 557
So you bought it and installed it? And where are the pics LOL!

I have read (and was discussed here as well) there were issues with problematic weldings and in the case of A bodies, alignment issues of the tubular K member with the frame.
Me being from Greece I will have to be very careful when I will order something like that for my Duster! Honestly I am leaning towards (if not decided) the RMS one, for which I have read only the best!
But I will never miss the chance of learning more about the Mag Force from a FABO member who is using it!!!
So spit it out LOL and do not forget the pics!

Here a re a few to put your mind at rest .

Enjoy

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/chryco557/MVC-005S.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/chryco557/Picture92.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/chryco557/MVC-006S.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/chryco557/Picture95.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/chryco557/Picture93.jpg

As for the comment of talking out my ***:
1)talked to my doctor,and as of today it is not humanly impossible,this is his quote.
2) could be sounds my body makes after to much salad/dressing
3) had a X-ray done and doctor says he found a small barely beating pulse of a yellow dart up my *** and said its not life threatening,as it will die and pass away and will not have any effects.
4)Most likely the night at the mopar nationals with freinds and having to drink 20 plus beer(AMERICAN) to get a buzz and eating at TACO BELL,I have had a couple of those nights,wife sleeps in the other room.
Here,s the deal to the people with some brains that want a new front end for their ride,weather its a A-B-E-C body car.
There are some half dozen companies making kits or whole front ends out there,and new ones poping up all the time.
Some only make some parts,some complete kits,some can be made to use stock or after market parts.
You the owner need to do a full reasearch on each system to see what is right for you,do you have the talent to assemble a system,does some else have to do it,how adjustable is it,can the average person do it,do you have to have a colleage degree to put it to gether.
Do you want square tubing system or a really trick looking round tube system that alot of top builders use.
If you think these systems are cheap,stop smoking what your smoking for a few days and get back to the real world,as this can cost you 3-5 grand depending on how you go.
Do not take my opinion or ABJ opinion on the system to use,get off your *** and get to a show or call and spend the 10$ for a catalog or what ever booklets they have and read the damm thing,lean what your going to your thousands of dollars on.If its a race car,you might need front end A,a total street car,system B,or C.You might only need a few parts instead of a system?
People call me and email me about this topic and I shoot from the hip.I say that ABJ system does work,I will never say it does not,BUT,for the 3+grand I am spending,its going to be a crome moly tubular K frame with all the bells and whishles on it,so my *** is safe,as my cars and freinds run over 145MPH every week,and there is no room for problems.Mrmopartech

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryco 557 View Post

Here a re a few to put your mind at rest .

Enjoy

Thank you.. looks like you have done a very good job installing them, I bet you were really happy and excited when you first received all those new shiny things, I know I would be :cheers:

I'll let you know when I get home how it is. Delivered today are my upper A-arms, spindles, and brake hardware. Next week comes the Wilwoods and then my front-end's set :D

-
Back