Magnum 360/904 swap again

-

minty

Reaction score
Hi there from the UK,my 1st post,been visiting your forum as a guest for the last couple of months reading posts with interest,thought its about time i got involved,i am currently in the process of a magnum conversion in place of 318/904,have searched posts regarding this swap,agood few hours reading,have one problem regarding flexplate to 904 convertor,i beleive B&M no longer stock the magnum/904 flexplate,is that correct,cant see it on the web site,whats the next best fix for this problem,car is a australian chrysler valiant charger A-body platform.
Many Thanks
Terry

Hi Terry. Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here.

Terry, very easy fix, your right, they don't make the FP for the 904/magnum swap, they just discontiued it about 2-3 months ago, so i found a 2000 magnum FP with the weights, which magnum are you going with, the 318 or 360, & what year is it? I just did this swap on my 71 dart, mines a 95 360, the earlier yr. magnums had the weights on the converter i think till 98, i didn't like that, so i found a later FP "with" the weights, so now i can run "N" balanced converters, do you have the FP that came with your magnum, if so & it has weights, you can use it, just long-gate one of the holes a bit & your good. What are you installing it in? Heres mine in a 71 Swinger, this was my 1st. at doing a magnum swap, it was well worth it. Welcome to the board 8)

100_0958.jpg

100_0959.jpg

Thanks guys,engine is a 360 out of a 2001 sport Ram,came without harmonic balancer or fp,i beleive the late model balancer had the crank pulley
as a complete unit,i would have had to change it to an early model damper anyway but the fp would have worked.engine as been rebuilt and as covered 500+ miles.Going to install timing case from the 318,fuel pump eccentric from hughes,centre sump etc.then have some fun8)

-
Back