Magnum 360 heads "best" for my build?

-
mileage is important to me and my set up gets 16.5-18 mpg around town and 21-22 mpg on the hiway.
And people balk when I tell'em I got 19-20 on a 360 in my Magnum. LOL
See what happens when you think about a build.

It is my toy that I drive a couple of times a week in the summer months. I built it to run 12.00 but the HP to weight ratio says I should do a little better. Yes I have the Magnum heads. It is a real fun ride when I put my foot in it. Scares the hell out of the wife. LOL

Jack

You are running the 280H Comp 'magnum' cam right? Somewhat similar to the MPP 284 cam I just sold - thought it would be a bit too radical for my all-around needs - wish I had the space for a summer driver, or the occasional race car for that matter ;)

My car is a nice weather daily driver. I put about 7500 miles a year on it between April 1 and the first time they slat the roads in Nov/Dec. Since I drive this car a lot mileage is important to me and my set up gets 16.5-18 mpg around town and 21-22 mpg on the hiway. The car also runs on 89 octane and I have used 87 in a pinch, I just have to be careful below 3000 rpm or it pings.

This is what I like to hear, similar use scenario. Between my truck and my Scamp I might do 10K a year - plus I drive an Astro van for work - so all my miles are after-hours and weekends; with a boat-load of freeway driving which is why I am also concerned about mileage and economy - I can totally live with 20+mpg on the highway - having the ability to run 89 or 87 in a pinch is awesome!

And people balk when I tell'em I got 19-20 on a 360 in my Magnum. LOL
See what happens when you think about a build.

Getting all my ducks in a row, thinking about 3 builds: my Scamp, my buddy's '67 mustang and finishing my '59 (just finishing up 700R4 install then paint and body) - I love projects!

-
Back