magnum 360 install vice a 360 LA

-

scrag

Reaction score
Considering a 360 Magnum motor - what is a the additional issues of using this motor vs a 340 or 360?
Looking at Motor mounts, 727 (additional costs that can bite me in the ***)
Thanks
Scott

I put a 94 truck motor in my Barracuda, I had it stroked to 408 and internally balanced.

The problems I had were, none.

The motor mount ears are all there so you will not need different mounts. Just make sure they are correct for either a 318/340 or 360.

All I did was take the front end of my old 360 and put it on the Magnum. I ended up buying an aftermarket oilpan but that was not needed. You will also need a intake that will bolt up to the Magnum heads, or have the heads drilled for both, someont has a jig for doing this.

Just remember that the Magnums have a different balance then the LA's. So you will need a balancer and flexplate/flywheel for the Magnum. Also I have heard that the pilot bearing is not milled, so if you have a manual tranny, you will need to address that.

valentek

I put a 94 truck motor in my Barracuda, I had it stroked to 408 and internally balanced.

The problems I had were, none.

The motor mount ears are all there so you will not need different mounts. Just make sure they are correct for either a 273/318 or 340/360.

All I did was take the front end of my old 360 and put it on the Magnum. I ended up buying an aftermarket oilpan but that was not needed. You will also need a intake that will bolt up to the Magnum heads, or have the heads drilled for both, someone has a jig for doing this.

Just remember that the Magnums have a different balance then the LA's. So you will need a balancer and flexplate/flywheel for the Magnum or converter. Also I have heard that the pilot bearing is not milled, so if you have a manual tranny, you will need to address that.

I may have left out some of the differences, but the install was pretty straight forward. Just check everthing out ahead of time and be prepared, I forgot a few things and had to stop in the middle a couple of times. My problems were related to changing water pumps and power steering pumps. I ended up buying new brackets and pulleys, as the 69 pumps are shorter then the 70 up.

valentek
69 B5 408 FB

-
Back