magnum 360 w/ 4spd parts list?

-

magnumdust

Reaction score
So i managed to get my hands on some 4spd parts.

I picked up:

4spd(non-od, from a duster)
A bellhousing
The shift fork
A hurst shifter.

I plan to pick up a hydraulic actuator kit to hopefully make the swap easier and i'm gonna pick up a new center hump to weld in.

What else do i need? and what special parts do i need for the magnum part of this? Some searching shows so mixed info on if the input shaft needs to be cut?

You will need an externally balanced flywheel (three big holes). The pilot hole in the crank shaft is not deep enough for the 833 input shaft. It is easy to just cut a 1/4 inch off of the input shaft with a cut off wheel (no dissassembly required). The drivers side motor mount is different also. How about the accessory drive? V belt or serpentine? Fuel pump, mechanical or electric? Fuel injection or carb?

You will need an externally balanced flywheel (three big holes). The pilot hole in the crank shaft is not deep enough for the 833 input shaft. It is easy to just cut a 1/4 inch off of the input shaft with a cut off wheel (no dissassembly required). The drivers side motor mount is different also. How about the accessory drive? V belt or serpentine? Fuel pump, mechanical or electric? Fuel injection or carb?

Maybe i'm mistaken, but my car has an earlier 360 now. So the mounts are the same right?

I plan to keep the V-belt design for now. I have a hughes cam snout adapter for the mech pump and staying carb'd for awhile.

-
Back