Magnum 5.9 piston crown thickness

-
Well Gents, I guess I’ll wrap this thread up and stick a bow on it. The ultimate result is, I’m not fly cutting anything, I have miles of piston to valve clearance. I had some mock up issues, I changed intakes (M1 to a Victor w2, thanks @valiantpatrol ), waited for the correct pushrods, made a couple of hydraulic lifters solid and finally got to take real measurements with everything assembled and with the actual valve springs not checkers. I have .410 on the exhaust side and .385 on the intake side with the cam in at 109.5 degrees. It’s all buttoned up and together with the turbos mounted and hot side tacked together. I’ll likely fire it on the run stand tonight. If I do you’ll get a video of the first start. Fingers crossed for no parts on the floor!
59AED570-A315-404A-A877-3F5004BEA6DB.jpeg

on a level of: HUH?? WHAT?!?? to OMFG SHUT IT OFF!!

how loud would you say it was in the shop?

on a level of: HUH?? WHAT?!?? to OMFG SHUT IT OFF!!

how loud would you say it was in the shop?
It’s not bad at all honestly, you could have a conversation next to it while it’s at idle. The turbos are good mufflers.

Nice night out, just a few deg's cooler than the last few weeks and the turbos are singing in stereo. Looks good, can't wait to see it in the ride.

Love it! NO BS bullshitting comments, just fire it up and rev it! Cam sounds...pretty good ;-)
It does sound pretty good for how mild it is. It ran for long enough for me to see 80psi of oil pressure before I whacked the throttle. That’s how I roll.

It does sound pretty good for how mild it is. It ran for long enough for me to see 80psi of oil pressure before I whacked the throttle. That’s how I roll.
Hell yeah Buddy. Cant wait to see the power it makes!

So I’ll consider this thread wrapped at this point, if you want to see this pooch go in the car you can follow along in my build thread if you like. I have way too many projects so progress will be slow but I’ve got some good friends pushing and motivating me to get things done.

Well, I drug home another one

-
Back