Magnum 500'd A-bodies??

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Lets see pics of those A-bodies with magnums! I know they're not factory correct but personally I think magnums look correct on nearly anything! Lol

Not sure where the magnums are in that pic ^ LOL! But that sure is one sexy car!! The pic size sorta gives an up close and personal feel to it! Lol

Man, tell me they can't transform an average car into something bad ***! I love them!

attachment.php

If I can ever afford new 14" tires and a new set of 14x6 trim rings I will have my magnum 500/road wheels done one day. I am in the process of restoring them.

...and they were available aftermarket, so you can put the "Magnum 500" stickers in the center caps, and no one can tell you they "aren't correct" for your car!

I have posted this photo before.Just wanted to show the "C" body road wheels on a 67 Dart for something different.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 231
Here is a link to a couple of photos of my "67" Dart 270 and my "67" Dart GT convertible with Magnum 500's.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1668537&postcount=5

The wheels on the blue car were Ford Maverick 14 x 6 front and Ford Ranchero 14 x 7 rear.

Had them on the car for over 30 years.

I now have the factory 14 x 5.5 painted steel wheels and dog dish caps on the car.

The wheels on the red car are 14 x 6 front and 15 x 10 rear with a 5" offset.

I bought them from the "Wheel Guy" Franklin Long at the Indy Swap meet years ago. He sells them new.

Herb

Personally, i don't like magnum 500s on an a body, but to each his own.

500s are a simple, classic looking wheel that look good on pretty much anything, in my opinion! C body wheels also look great!

[quote="Dart67";1970167807]I do not remember what they cost.

Here is a link to The Wheel Guy site: http://the-wheel-guy.com/

The Wheel Guy is Franklin Long, If you call him, tell him Herb told you to call.

Herb[/quote]

Lol. No. I meant what did you have to do to get then 10s 10 fit with a 5" backspace not what did they cost, I already know what they cost, I just wanna know what you did to make em fit. Lol

Lol. No. I meant what did you have to do to get then 10s 10 fit with a 5" backspace not what did they cost, I already know what they cost, I just wanna know what you did to make em fit. Lol

Boy, I really did not read very well or close, Sorry..........

The tires are 3.25 x 50 x15" Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials.

I moved the springs into/under the frame rails and narrowed the 8 3/4" housing.
Then had to narrow the housing a second time and use 1" spacers between the brakes and wheels when I changed to Wilwood disc brakes on the rear. The brakes are made for 15" wheels. The 15 x 10's are 15" with a drop to a 14" center and the calibers hit the wheel.

I do not remember what the flange to flange measurement is.

Herb

I really like the Magnum 500's on the squarer cars like the 67 and up Darts, Valiants, Swingers, Valiants, Scamps etc. but don't like them as much on the early A's or Barracudas, Dusters, Dart Sports, Demons ect. Just my opinion.

-
Back