Magnum Cam Question

-

moparboy340

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Not new to the forum, but I do not do alot of posting, usually just read others posts and builds, but this time I cannot find the answer I am looking for.

I have a Magnum 360 Block, I am trying to gather all the parts I want for my new build. I found a Camshaft from Lunati Voodoo that has the specs I would like to use with my combo. It is a Hyd. Roller.

My question is can I use an LA hyd. Roller cam in a Magnum Block, using Magnum Roller lifters?

I will be using LA style front timing cover so I am not worried about clearance due to Fuel Pump snout.

Can anyone shed any light on this, I tried searching and could not find any reason it would not work both are 59 degree block and the cam specs seem to be the same for LA and Magnum.

yes...LA hydraulic roller will work just fine in the magnum block as long as you are using the LA timing chain cover...and use the magnum roller lifter to feed oil thru the pushrods.

Or you could switch to a flat tappet using AMC 360 hyd/flat tappet lifters.

Thanks,
Thats what I thought. Just was not sure, wanted to make sure there was not some special Oilling feature on a Magnum cam I was not aware of. I know I need oil through pushrods to lube the valve train.

Rockerdude - No, I wanna stay roller, as I will be using a pretty aggressive cam. My plan is to use Rhodes lifters to tame it at idle some. The only Rhodes lifters I can find are for Magnum block.

-
Back