Magnum EFi idea? Suggestions please

-
I would think the factory magnum intake would easily push 300-325. Didn't they have 240 net from the factory?? Wouldn't that be close to 300 gross?? Add headers and should be about at 325.
Also, didn't the latter year runners on the barrel intake have revised runners that made a little more horsepower in the upper RPM range?

Also, didn't the latter year runners on the barrel intake have revised runners that made a little more horsepower in the upper RPM range?

Only revision I am aware of is the deletion of EGR. As I recall, performance wise there was no difference between the early and late intake.

You might be thinking of the mod's people do to cut back the runners. But that was never a factory mod.

Only revision I am aware of is the deletion of EGR. As I recall, performance wise there was no difference between the early and late intake.

You might be thinking of the mod's people do to cut back the runners. But that was never a factory mod.
no, I really believe something was changed on the runners..... maybe I'll look and see what's out there for info

no, I really believe something was changed on the runners..... maybe I'll look and see what's out there for info

I don't remember anything, but I don't pretend to be an expert, and I have been proven wrong more than once. Curious to hear what you find.

I don't remember anything, but I don't pretend to be an expert, and I have been proven wrong more than once. Curious to hear what you find.
My memory has been jolted :D It isn't the runner that was changed, it's the divider. '97 and below have a lower divider. unsure of '98, but '99 and above have a raised divider.

What EFI system would you recommend for the Hughes intake? I would like to keep it Direct port...thanks.

The Hughes AG just replaces the kegger on the factory set up. The factory intakes had the divider removed after about 99, cutting the runners will net you another 500 RPM but its pretty much signed off at 5K no matter what you do. That was the reason for the over 5K RPM on the street, it will save you $600 on an intake and if I remember, the OP was looking for FI on the cheap.
In my opinion, the FI and sniper have a long way to go to prove they are reliable. How many parts on the system are made in China?
Factory has proven itself with a million vehicles hitting 250K and parts are cheap. Its easy to flash or run Mega Squirt for max power later on. Read 70+ page thread on FI and make that decision for yourself....you now have my $.02 .

Can you run the Hughes intake with a 4 barrel throttle body and factory computer or only with a 2 barrel factory style body?

-
Back