Magnum Engine with LA head oiling

-

Ryanham

Reaction score
Im looking at Putting a speedmaster LA style head on a 99 magnum block, Curious if anyone has any info to make sure i can get the oiling correct?

Maybe what to look for, or parts numbers so i can check them out and start getting a list together?

Im looking at Putting a speedmaster LA style head on a 99 magnum block, Curious if anyone has any info to make sure i can get the oiling correct?

Maybe what to look for, or parts numbers so i can check them out and start getting a list together?
There are threads on here about the part needed to convert LA heads to "through pushrod" oiling, basically hollow pushrods with oil holes and rockers compatible with pushrod oiling; use the search function.
An easier option would be an earlier Magnum block ('92-'94ish) which were still drilled for rocker oiling and would not require any specialized parts; '88-'91/'92 LA roller blocks would also be suitable. Failing that, your machine shop may be willing to drill your late block with the appropriate passages.

There are threads on here about the part needed to convert LA heads to "through pushrod" oiling, basically hollow pushrods with oil holes and rockers compatible with pushrod oiling; use the search function.
An easier option would be an earlier Magnum block ('92-'94ish) which were still drilled for rocker oiling and would not require any specialized parts; '88-'91/'92 LA roller blocks would also be suitable. Failing that, your machine shop may be willing to drill your late block with the appropriate passages.
i did search, didn't find much of an answer.
Appreciate the reply.

-
Back