magnum flywheel

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
having a discussion at the b.s. session today. 5.9 magnum in an a body. guy has an 833 od stick shift but not sure if he could put an 11 inch, 5.9 flywheel in a sb bell housing. don't remember any sb coming with 11 inch bellhousings. any ideas?

They didn't, (11"), except pickups and I've no idea how that would fit up. If he wants a heavier clutch, he might drum up one of the oddball (and variously called) 10 7/8, 10.9 etc, were used in the 70 440-6 cars. These are a cover that fits a 10 1/2" bolt pattern, and the thing is scalloped to accomodate a "just under" 11" disc. Some of us tho, had troubles with those. The one in my old 440-6 gave me trouble. Would not release clean

Then there's dual disc

They didn't, (11"), except pickups and I've no idea how that would fit up. If he wants a heavier clutch, he might drum up one of the oddball (and variously called) 10 7/8, 10.9 etc, were used in the 70 440-6 cars. These are a cover that fits a 10 1/2" bolt pattern, and the thing is scalloped to accomodate a "just under" 11" disc. Some of us tho, had troubles with those. The one in my old 440-6 gave me trouble. Would not release clean

Then there's dual disc
Scalloped clutch …

I tried fitting the 833 small block bell housing over the clutch on a 360 that had the truck clutch...it would not fit over the flywheel.

With the 833 you must use the 130 tooth flywheel, trucks are 143 tooth.

-
Back