Magnum head drill fixture

-
I may be "forgotten." I think someone tested those against an Ed and the Ed won big. I think I've got one I bought used

With all that being said. Can I ask a head question? As in what year/s did the " Factory Magnum heads " get improved for not being cracked? Or did they

I drilled mine on a milling machine pretty easily. Holes are in the same spot, just on a different angle. I used my LA air gap intake (already owned it) for reference to be sure. I drilled mine for 5/16 bolts and made up bushings to take the slop up in the intake. Find a machine shop, should be cheap as it didn’t take long once set up. Good option if you have an LA intake already.

I found the angle to drill the holes at on moparts, think it was one of MichiganPats old
Posts…. So thanks for that!

Last edited:
In the steel mill Millwright gang we called it a blanket party. When someone acted up we got together and threw a blanket over the offenders head. Then he was issued the appropriate penalty
Millwright here in Canada, we have the same saying lol

I think "blanket party" originated in the military. I only saw one. When I was in Navy electronics "A" school at Treasure Island, San Francisco, in 68-69, our dorm was all students in the same class. Those guys wanted to SLEEP with lights out. A transient was put in with us, because there was an empty rack or two About 3-4 nights straight he came in late, drunk, noisy. These were the old "H" shaped wood barracks. They had a central stairway that had little short flights, then changed direction, and went on down. I woke up from the noise just in time to see some of the guys throw this guy---in a blanket and "**** can" right down the stairs.

Me, at 20 up the K6NCG tower, the Island amateur radio club, in 68-68

Hams_018.jpg

Im sure it would! But for the price it is to be expected lol
I'm sure they could be cleaned up to compete. By the time you spend time and or money, the Eddy is the real choice. lol

I'm sure they could be cleaned up to compete. By the time you spend time and or money, the Eddy is the real choice. lol
I have one of each. I traded a set of pistons for a eddy on here. I can't remember which one it is but it's not for a magnum. Depending on the condition of my heads on my magnum I may end up swapping it with some la heads and running that eddy

I have one of each. I traded a set of pistons for a eddy on here. I can't remember which one it is but it's not for a magnum. Depending on the condition of my heads on my magnum I may end up swapping it with some la heads and running that eddy
Don't forget about the oiling differences on the LA heads.

Don't forget about the oiling differences on the LA heads.
Oh I haven't! I've been doing alot of research with it. The only way I'm going to be able to afford it is the speedmaster roller rockers. And so some slight modifications. Comp makes a set that oil through the pushrods and feed the needle bearings and rollers, but they are almost a grand on rockers! I don't have that kind of money. I'm looking in to other ideas but the speedmaster roller rockers look like the best plan of action for my budget

They make some pretty good Chinese knock off magnum rpm intakes I have two of them gasket matched them and was done. All under $200

They make some pretty good Chinese knock off magnum rpm intakes I have two of them gasket matched them and was done. All under $200
If your referring to performance Plus products , don't waste your time unless they got they're quality control worked out. Casting shifts too much. Last 1 I bought wouldn't bolt up. Flange angle was way,,,,,,,,off.

at this point with all the chinese air gap manifolds w/dual pattern out there on ebay/amazon, I guess I'd just pick up one of those....
Where's the red X?
The idea is to AVOID china crap not embrace it

Ya I think we have some redneck that hasn’t taken a walk around his house lately
What the hell is that supposed to mean? I have a speedmaster intake that i havent used yet. I never looked to see where it was made.

Yeah unfortunately they are from over there.
Just like I wouldn't take a Toyota of any year or model even if free
They may be assembled in America but the profits still go "over there". (Yea I know that isn't China but still a country where we have had major problems with);

at this point with all the Chinese air gap manifolds w/dual pattern out there on eBay/amazon, I guess I'd just pick up one of those....
I agree with Volare Don. Pay the extra cash and get something you won't regret buying. I barely broke even reselling the 2nd 1. If it wasn't for the money made off the first 1 to compensate buying the 2nd 1, I'd went backwards. Never again.

With all that being said. Can I ask a head question? As in what year/s did the " Factory Magnum heads " get improved for not being cracked? Or did they
I'm not sure they ever were as a casting. I have a pair of "6671"s that are not cracked between the seats that I can see, but I've got to mag them to be 100% sure. I think there were more cracks developed when the early plenum cover gaskets were failing constantly, putting oil in the cylinders & causing a lean condition, & causing detonation. I saw a bunch of that in the '90's, that & some Ram fuel pumps that couldn't keep up the fuel pressure under power, started & pressure checked fine idling & winging it just sitting there, but went down like a lobbyist on a bureaucrat when You took it for a spin. Lean & above normal temps + pinging = not so good.

Yeah unfortunately they are from over there.
Just like I wouldn't take a Toyota of any year or model even if free
They may be assembled in America but the profits still go "over there". (Yea I know that isn't China but still a country where we have had major problems with);
Where do You think Your $$$$$ goes when You purchase Your FCA/Stellantis ride???

Where do You think Your $$$$$ goes when You purchase Your FCA/Stellantis ride???
I don't have anything that new and don't want anything that new.
There's a big wa-wa-wa thread on another site about a 22 Durango with problems with U connect (whatever that is) and it's owner bitching about wanting to trade the vehicle in as a result. I've never seen this "u connect" and honestly don't care about. I don't have it, so it can't break on me. No comments on that thread about how their vehicle is otherwise. Seems petty to me.

I may be "forgotten." I think someone tested those against an Ed and the Ed won big. I think I've got one I bought used
enginemasters did a comparison on a chevy when I was at the gym last week. peak power and torque between a pro products crosswind and eddie performer RPM IIRC was nearly identical, but there was a dip in the torque curve of the pro products manifold and the eddie made about 10-15 lb ft more at around 3500

I drilled mine on a milling machine pretty easily. Holes are in the same spot, just on a different angle. I used my LA air gap intake (already owned it) for reference to be sure. I drilled mine for 5/16 bolts and made up bushings to take the slop up in the intake. Find a machine shop, should be cheap as it didn’t take long once set up. Good option if you have an LA intake already.

I found the angle to drill the holes at on moparts, think it was one of MichiganPats old
Posts…. So thanks for that!
very well could have been. IIRC I redrilled mine on a mill with some fixturing cobbled together to get the right angle. that was over 15 years ago, so the details are fuzzy in my brain....

-
Back