magnum heads off a truck

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
are they the magnum heads everyones talking about? are they good heads to run on a 318 if they are? or are they a brand? please help as i can get magnum heads off a 360 truck pretty easy

I have a set on my 83 318 in my daily driver 3/4 ton; big difference vs the original 83 318 heads; though I did "other things" while I did the head swap.
Gotta be careful though might thake a few sets to get a PAIR taht ain't cracked; I wound up buying a set of EQ replacement ones after going thru 5 sets; 9 of 10 were cracked between the valves the EQ ones outflow the stockers and have real valve SEATS instead of just being surface hardened a few thousandths thick a steh OE ones are. and unlike LA engines, 318 Mag and 360 Mag heads are the same.

They can also be found in Jeep Grand Cherokees. That is where I found mine with no cracks. I guess I am lucky.

so that means i will need 360 valve covers for the heads since there not 318 heads no mo

Huh? All small block valve covers will fit. The magnum has a 10 bolt valve cover and the older style la has a 5 but the holes line up.You can swap whatever you want.

I have a pair of magnums settin right here but Im sure you are too far away for shipping.

Im in Canada...

-
Back