"Magnum Poly-Locs - Schumacher" any one bought one lately?

-
About 5 years ago, I took a new motor mount to work and we drilled and put countersunk bolts through a biscuit mount.
Lasted maybe a week on the driver's side.
Then I bought a commercial version of the same, and parked the car in the garage until late June of this year. The new mounts, which seem to have been "mighty-mites", by seeing what they are sold as now, sat on top of the freezer for 5 years.
Could have been some other supplier wirh the same concept.
Put them on the morning of this July 4th.
I don't think the driver's side even lasted one week before the torque separated the driver's side.
What in holy sweet patootie does it take to keep a simple little stock 383 4 bbl with 425 ft pounds of torque down?
Next step may be a bolt through the bracket?
I was trying to pretend it hadn't happened, but I just had the hood opened and torqued it up, and up she goes, and slams back down. It might have only lasted 2-3 days, really.
This is sick!
Havent really got the $ to throw at the Schumacher mount right now.
I used to get a year or two of crazy cowboy teenager driving out of regular plain mounts back in the 70's, but now simple slight wheel squealing at takeoff destroys a mount supposedly designed to deal with this?
Guess I may need to add a torque link or chain as others have.
There's simply no room to put bigger bolts in the biscuit, but the piddly bolts they do use can't hang on against the load.
This sucks.

Yes the schumachers are pricey but once you buy them you'll never have to buy mounts again..

Get ready to feel some vibrations and hear some rattles you didn't know you had.

Jeff

Get ready to feel some vibrations and hear some rattles you didn't know you had.

Jeff
I have another plain stock biscuit that I am thinking about having a encapsulated strap welded around. I did that maybe 7 years ago, but not welded, and it lasted at least six months. I made a steel strap that locked over on the mounting bolt at both ends but if it were a bit thicker and welded, maybe I'd have some isolation and strength.
Hard to believe it's impossible for any manufacturer to supply something that was just "regular" quality 40 years ago.

The only mount that lasted longer than a week were the mopar performance ones. still have on in my tool box....but that was when i had a warmed over 340. with the 408, i have to step up.
As far as vibration? Uncorking my exhaust cause all kinds of vibration at idle. don't think i will be able to tell the difference.....we will see.

Got my new freeze plug in with permatex #1 then started looking at my headers and gaskets.
This was interesting, thought i would share. first pic is a stock 360 exh port note the dividing wall between the two center ports.
The 2nt pic is of my RHS heads. note the dividing wall.
Third pic is after i did a little tuning up, on the gasket to fit the outside wall.
0716161832.jpg

Haven't installed the motor mounts but they look like any other mount, especially in a picture.
Waiting on intake gaskets so i can swap manifolds.
Got my file board out, trying to flatten my header flanges out a little bit better, but needed a break so i posted up the pic's

Motor mounts/eng installed, line lock installed, duel plane manifold installed (LD340)

Motor mount did not fit quight right, the fold of the mount was tight and had to be convinced to go down far enought to get the bolt through and start threads. passenger header, collector pipe hits tranny cross member.(torch and a bar fixed that.)
In nutural, the throttle seam to respond much faster with the dual plane on it now.
When to take it for a quick test drive and found ATF on the garage floor........
Only have a couple more day before the race. think my car got scared and peed it pants.:(

Those that said you get more vibration from these mounts.....Well you are right! It's not bad, but it is noticeable. A life time mount is worth the trade off.:p
For mostly street cars, probably be better off with a stock mount and the schumacher strut rod.
Heading out in the morning to see if i can break into the 7s(1/8 mile )

Last edited:
This is why i pull the motor to replace a motor mount! even a rubber plug didn't seal it completely.View attachment 1714950883
Well i guess i didn't hit post replay last night. lol
When home for lunch today and my motor mounts were on my door step.
Now just waiting for the right intake gaskets so i can put my LD 340 manifold on before it goes back in.
I bought the torque strap, and its a really good one. My Dad uses it in his 500 hp Roadrunner and its great.

I put stock biscuit mounts in becasue the poly locs wouldn't fit right and the motor was way slanted to one side...
I had the conversion mounts /6 to 383, with poly locs, and had to remove poly's and Schumacher sent me free biscuits...

motor1.jpg

headers77777.jpg

I wish i would have pre fit them, and found out what was binding. Probably some kinda burr or something. A bar and a hammer got them to set in place.

So far still happy with them. But the fit and finish.......Not so much.

Good day of racing!
Didn't break anything!!
Still looking for that 7 sec pass (best of a 8.05 today)
Made it 3 rounds, then broke out, dialed a 8.15 and ran a 8.14 with a 9 Grrr
Mph was up by .9 or almost one mph more, 60 foot drop from 1.887 esh to a best of 1.807. Dual plane (LD340) helped.......Just not enough.
It's kinda funny........ i build this motor hoping to run mid 8s!!! now i'm Greedy for a 7! :realcrazy::D

Ordered poly- locks from Mancini and still no mounts. Called and Mancini said they are shipped from manufacturer, called manufacturer and they said 7-10 shipped. Still nothing...

Wow when i called i had him physically put his hands on them before i gave him my credit card........Of course mine were for a E-Body.

Ordered poly- locks from Mancini and still no mounts. Called and Mancini said they are shipped from the manufacturer

THIS ^^^^^^^^
Really annoys the **** out of me.

Good day of racing!
Didn't break anything!!
Still looking for that 7 sec pass (best of a 8.05 today)
Made it 3 rounds, then broke out, dialed a 8.15 and ran a 8.14 with a 9 Grrr
Mph was up by .9 or almost one mph more, 60 foot drop from 1.887 esh to a best of 1.807. Dual plane (LD340) helped.......Just not enough.
It's kinda funny........ i build this motor hoping to run mid 8s!!! now i'm Greedy for a 7! :realcrazy::D
Motor photos ??

I bought it for the rev limiter.
Doesn't seam to run or act any different then my chrome box.
Which is now my spare.

-
Back