Magnum serpentine pulleys with LA timing cover?

-

StewsDart

Reaction score
I am getting ready to put my new 5.9 magnum based 408 in my dart. I used the LA timing cover and I am not sure if I can use the magnum serpentine belt setup now or if I have to use the LA v belt setup

Also need LA style water pump....magnum spins opposite direction.

Do you already have the parts for V belt or serpentine setup? Changing the timing cover and water pump is an easy thing to do since the engine is stripped to that point. There is nothing wrong with the V belt. They worked for decades on millions of cars. But serpentine is much nicer and simpler.

Do you already have the parts for V belt or serpentine setup? Changing the timing cover and water pump is an easy thing to do since the engine is stripped to that point. There is nothing wrong with the V belt. They worked for decades on millions of cars. But serpentine is much nicer and simpler.
I’m running the la timing cover because I’m running a mechanical fuel pump for now. Yes I already have a v belt setup but my crank and water pump pulleys don’t line up on this engine like they did on the la 360 I pulled from the car

I’m running the la timing cover because I’m running a mechanical fuel pump for now. Yes I already have a v belt setup but my crank and water pump pulleys don’t line up on this engine like they did on the la 360 I pulled from the car
Post a pic of what you have, we can help you sort it out

D9559CD7-4CCF-46F8-B164-DB6B0FD92EB8.jpeg
Post a pic of what you have, we can help you sort it out

A67F93BB-3D07-4ADD-8DC0-27D4A328D84C.jpeg

7F13F539-1A15-489B-A9E8-CE8463344086.jpeg

That’s the stamp on the crank pulley. I shimmed it 1/4” and it lines up perfect with the water pump pulley. I bolted on my alternator with the same shims as my last engine and it lines up perfect with the water pump pulley. The power steering pump is also off about the same as the water pump pulley so the crank pulley is definitely the culprit

-
Back