magnum thermostat housing

-

440SCOUT

Reaction score
so im putting a 97 magnum 360 in my a-100 using the edelbrock rpm airgap intake..
i need a thermostat housing
edelbrock says to use that 6inch tall one that the magnum used originally...
there has to be a better option..
i was looking at the thermostat housing for the 79 up small block and it looks right but the holes are just a little off...
maybe ream them to fit??
the tall one is perfect to get around the ac unit on the late models but it just looks stupid and my radiator hose just isnt right with it on there...
what is everybody else using??...

i really don't think anyone makes them to be honest.... i have the same big ugly sheet metal one they are telling you to buy... i know for a fact the LA one will not fit, the thermostat is a diff size and the bolts don't line up. as for reaming the bolt holes...i believe you would have a hard time getting it to seal correctly....what i did to help was push my hose WAY down on the thing so it looks much smaller than it actually is....yes its not the prettiest thing...but i think you're stuck, even a summit search yields no results...paint it, cur it, or hide it!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FSS-85181/

for 40 bucks i'll stick to my ugly sheet metal one

good
0822001104.jpg

bad
CIMG4699.jpg

what application is that one on top... it looks like the 79 up tstat housing might work then..?

-
Back