maiden voyage checklist

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Very close to driving for the first time since Ive owned my scamp. Pretty much total resto...Check list for first test drive? Things to check and double check ect..ect.?

Dont plan on going far but cell is a must. Want to be sure it starts and stops, turns ok, the basics if ya know what I mean.

Make sure all battery and ground connections are tight.Good luck on your first ride Josh....Let er rip! Oh yeah,make sure you have lots of gas.LOL

Fluids. Friend of mine built his rat rod and didn't put oil in the differential. Made it about 20 miles before he remembered it. Put some oil it in and all was good but could have just as easily been very bad.

^^ thats a big one. Oils, coolant, lotta gas. all suspension torqued down good? lug nuts tight? motor mount bolts? radiator hoses tight? u joint straps tight? LOL ( ....i know)

u'll be good, dont be paranoid. :)

A couple of buddies,to tag along/help/possibly push. Never know ,what happens on a shakedown run. Good luck.

woman with good looking legs ..so you can hitch hike back...

Get a buddy to follow you.....if you do not own a trailer than hopefully you have a buddy that does....

I am in the same boat as you next week. I was going to first drive down the street where we have a very large and newly paved parking lot for a train system. It is abandoned on weekends. I was going to use the lot to properly test stopping and acceleration before doing any tests in real traffic.

I am shocked no one has asked for pics of your "voyager"! What year? Any pics?

-
Back