Main and Rod Bearings for Scat

-

Speedotann

Reaction score
Hey everyone... I got my crank and rods for my 408 bulid.. Scat 9000 4.00 stroke and 4340 I-beams... What bearings do I need. I have been looking at the ACL bearings on CnC's website... They seem like the least expensive or are they CHEAP? Chamfered or non-chamfered...

They also say 71-73 360 only and others say 74 and up 360... My block was cast in 72... I am assuming I get bearings for 71-73 block

Thanks,
Brian

I just got what was in the kit (scat cast crank). I think Kings?

Just plastigauged them all... .001 mains and .0015 rods. All dead on the same. Crank spun very straight. Forgot that number, IIRC half thou or less.

I am replicating it as if I where buying it as a kit... so I am buying all the parts separate. I just need to know what kind of bearings to use because they are listed for different year 360's. What is Chamfered? Called Scat and they put me on hold for to long!

Thanks

I just got what was in the kit (scat cast crank). I think Kings?

Just plastigauged them all... .001 mains and .0015 rods.

King makes all kinds and quality of brgs...

Those clearances are a little on the TIGHT side... IMHO hope your not going to spin it too hard...did you check the crank run out ???

The chamfers are made narrow, or chamfered to clear the larger radius on the cast stroker cranks. Personally I always run the narrow bearings and prefer not to run full groove. King is probably the best but I've never used ACL. Use a lot of Clevitte/FM which are a good value and decent bearing.

ACL are excellent bearings, like clevite 77's and are used by circle track guys around here and elsewhere.
I run ACL in my 340, good stuff.

The thing with the '71-'73 and '74 & up is the thrust bearing was enlarged in '74...so that why you would need the newer '74& up main set.

And for what it's worth...anyone who ever swaps main caps from new to old & vise versa needs to use the thrust bearing that matches the block no matter what style cap [new or old]

go with ACL if they have the narrowed set, if not...the rod bearings are clevite cb481hn, on the mains...call mancini and they have that part number and can sell them to you, they also say there are diff widths of mains depending on crank manufacturer or just the basic journal width between radiuses.

-
Back