make it new or leave it alone ?

-
Who cares if it is a 340 car or not.....

I do and so do several other people i know and I'm NOT a numbers guy..I wouldn't think twice of NOT modifying a 318 car(starting with ripping the 318 out) but would probably not mess with a "real" 340 car

Last edited:
Oh....I see you changed out the original steering wheel. :BangHead: That's it, you may as well do what ever you want now. Heck it's "only a 318 car", what's it gonna matter? OK, sarcasm over with. That is an awesome example of a Demon you have. Possibly the reason for that is because it had a 318 in it, not the coveted and over-priced 340. Perhaps it would have been beat to heck otherwise. The "your car" thing is really where it's at. If it was mine, I wouldn't change much. I am a survivor guy, I like them with some wear. I also like white interiors too though, not so hot on the *** in the summer! I would "day 2" that baby with some Cragars and BFG's and drive it as much as possible.
Nice car, I wish there were more that survived so well. :thumbsup:

i bought it as is with that steering wheel, i hate it about as much as i hate cragars on Mopar muscle cars. if i change the steering wheel it'll start a chain reaction ! remember i'm ocd. LOL it's all about what YOU like and i'm cool with that. my reason for starting this thread was to get the experts opinions ( who better to ask than you fine gentlemen of the A Body world ;) ). i have a new ( grant ) tuff wheel and adapter ready to go... i have so much new stuff for this car it's crazy

as a G code car it will never bring the H code $, i don't really care about numbers matching blah blah blah cuz when that is the case they usually sit and what good is a garage ornament/trailer queen ? ... i have one already
b8HxBfR.jpg

when i did the 8.25 --> 8.75 swap i also put in poly leaf bushings. so i'm going to do the front end, torsion bars and brakes and consider redoing the interior. i have everything... in black. i really don't like the white with EV2

thanx for the opinions doods ;)

Lol.... Your current interior is the direction I am heading with mine lol.... Red would be interesting as said....

JW

Dude, do what makes YOU happy.

The whole "it's only original once" philosophy creates a bunch of useless museum pieces. If you drive it any significant amount you can't keep it "original" without a serious grip of cash for NOS or "correct" parts because if you drive it you'll have to replace parts. It's a car, it's meant to be driven. Numbers matching, "original" cars are for boring rich guys that use their cars as bank accounts. Don't be a collector, be an enthusiast.
But if we let these cars be museum pieces, that's exactly what all of them will become in short order, because pretty quick there won't be anybody left to remember how awesome these cars really are. Or anybody that can still shift a stick for crying out load. Put it out on the road, drive the crap out of it, and don't listen to anybody that tells you otherwise just because it might be worth more some other way.
Almost poetic.

I have an all original '74 360 Cuda. It's very clean and still didn't get much more than a passing look. I added a front spoiler,18" wheels/tires, and dressed up the original engine. I get so many compliments now and I like it so much better. Everything I did can be returned to original by the next guy.
Some people like parking their B5 blue '69 Road Runner with rallye wheels next to every other B5 blue '69 Road Runner with rallye wheels. Some people like making their car a little different.

If it makes you happy as-is leave it. Want something a little different, change it.

I would stop to check out and ask questions about your Demon as it is amongst the sea of the usual meticulously restored and boring (to me anyway) cars and owners that sit around at car shows.

I would stop to check out and ask questions about your Demon as it is amongst the sea of the usual meticulously restored and boring (to me anyway) cars and owners that sit around at car shows.

Boring is right..been there done that,much more fun beating the **** out of it at the track:D:D

I have owned my 66 for 10 years next month i have toyed with the idea of a full restoration but for two reasons i have not yet done it #1 i do not have the money to do it in a timely manner #2 the amount of money that it would cost [me doing most everything] would out weigh the value of the car. So i have been driving it and having fun with it all these years, i did all the safety stuff converted to disk on the front, rebuilt brakes,suspension and made it dependable eventually the engine and transmission will be rebuilt [engine bay cleaned up and painted] and that'll be it [maybe]. It is not an original paint/interior car but its a cosmetic restoration done in 1996 that is still fairly presentable. Your car looks perfect to me i would drive the wheels off it as is!!!!!!.
12065869_777750609018001_1586088663088952014_n.jpg

-
Back