Making the swap!

-

Lostsheep_01

SLANTASTIC!
Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I've finally decided that instead of working over the Slant, I'm gonna finish building my 360 and slide it between the fenders of my Dart. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I'll post pics as I get each step done. I gotta find a tranny for the 360 and I guess I'll hafta ditch the 7 1/4!

Look forward to the pics, I'll be doing the same thing with my 70 Duster, /6 to 360, I have the motor, tranny and an 8 3/4 but want to do all the body and paint first so it'll be a bit.

Keep us updated I have a feelin I will be doing the same soooooon
I hope :-|

Sounds like its contagous We are doing the same thing to my son s Duster Keep us posted,We will do the same

Seems like it'll be awhile for all of us. I am still rebuilding the 360 ( I have all of the parts) but I do not have a tranny or rear end :butthead: right now. :sad: Oh well, to the classifieds I go....

Way to go guys. I don't think you'll ever regret putting the 360's in your rides. An older A body and a well built 360 just go together like peanut butter and jelly - they were just made for each other! :)
Mike - keep lookin'. :)

10 4 sid :thumbup:
I am going to pull my 360 out of my truck and fineley see
what is maken my hp.

This old truck was a lot of fun it jumped off the line good for a truck

8th mile.jpg

Yeah baby! Your gonna' like that 360. Slants are great, but the 360 will set you back in the seat!

Yea,thats what Im worried about-having my son set back in his seat.his slant was quick enough for me,but he talked me into the 360 itll be fun but mom aint to happy about another engine laying around the garage---ooh well

It would be a good time to sell the/6 before you take it out.
that way the /6 will never hit the ground.
And mom will be happy,and if I was looking for a /6.
Nothing's better than to here one run before you buy it.
I understand about the hp thing with a yougen

MR.7DUSTER3 said:
Yea,thats what Im worried about-having my son set back in his seat.his slant was quick enough for me,but he talked me into the 360 itll be fun but mom aint to happy about another engine laying around the garage---ooh well

Put a raw egg under the gas pedal! :thumbup: If he breaks the egg, give him hell. :angel9:

OldVart said:
Put a raw egg under the gas pedal! :thumbup: If he breaks the egg, give him hell. :angel9:

And how many raw eggs did you break before you were 21?
I could have fed most of America :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7:

:angry4: TRATORSS!!!! :lol: Slant Six for life!!!

lol j/k

Im going the slant six way for now, at least for my car. Gotta have the old famous slant!

have fun with the 360! its all about the fun!

You boys converting all these /6s to 340/360s might be interested in these motor mounts #4695 from :www.Northernautoparts.com for $66.95.
I used them for my conversion and they worked just fine. The one for the drivers side is also the restraining type so no busting of the rubber under acceleration.

Merry Xams :angel9:

OldVart said:
I kept a lot of hens busy ........ and still do! :thumbup: :angel9:

So that's why egg's cost went up in the early 70's.
I mean late 60's :poke:

-
Back