-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerK

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I have a Mallory Dual Life Distributor for a small block for sale. It has dual points but only four lobes, one set of points for 4 cyls, second set of points for the other 4 cyls, hence "Dual Life". No rotor, just the cap, points need replacing.

I'm asking $15.00 + shipping from 06415. I prefer PayPal but a money order works too.

dist2.jpg

dist3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sorry dumb question, what rotor and points fit this? Do stock parts work? Shipping to 83646?

Sorry dumb question, what rotor and points fit this? Do stock parts work? Shipping to 83646?

Sorry but I really don't know much about this distributor. I know the cap is different from a stock Mopar cap as the clips are wider. The shaft is smaller so a stock rotor also won't fit and the points are not stock either. A quick search on eBay brings up all the replacement parts needed to put this back into service.

If you are still interested PM me and I'll get a quote on the shipping.

That's a Mallory double life. Not quite the same as dual point. On that distributor one set of points fires four plugs and the other set fires four plugs. If you notice there's only four lobes instead of eight. They did this to theoreticly cut the points changing intervals in half. You may find points for this, but good luck finding the side mounted condenser.

That's a Mallory double life. Not quite the same as dual point. On that distributor one set of points fires four plugs and the other set fires four plugs. If you notice there's only four lobes instead of eight. They did this to theoreticly cut the points changing intervals in half. You may find points for this, but good luck finding the side mounted condenser.

You are correct, I did notice only four lobes. Thanks for the info. See, FABO Rocks!

Any one interested in a one off piece of aftermarket AWESOME? C'Mon! You! Over there lurking in the corner! You know you want this. I'm never going to use this but you just might someday. You know it deep down you will.

Make me an offer I can not refuse.

:wav:

With everyone switching to electronic ignition, this distributor is like a red headed stepchild.

But, you could mount it on a plaque and hang it on the wall, make a base for it, put it on your desk and use it as a pencil holder or even turn it into a lamp.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back