Mallory Electric Fuel Pump/Fuel Compatibility

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I was considering picking up a seal kit for my Mallory 140 electric fuel pump before these pumps and kits become obsolete and noticed they have two version of these kits - one for "gas" and one for "alcohol/methanol." The alky version is $42, while the gas version is $130.

Mallory 29819 Mallory Seal Kit, Alcohol/Methanol

Mallory 29809 Mallory Seal and Repair Kit, Gas

Intuitively, I would think the only differences would be the material used for the thin o-ring and the gasket. Can you think of any reason the cheaper alky version won't work with gasoline???

I do not understand the reasons for this either.
It might be worth checking some additional sites
to see if it is the same on them!

I do not understand the reasons for this either.
It might be worth checking some additional sites
to see if it is the same on them!
Thanks John. I tried calling them, but you know how that goes. I can't think of any reason an alcohol-compatible o-ring wouldn't work for gasoline too. My pump gas has ~15% ethanol anyway, so it's probably the one I want anyway.

Thanks John. I tried calling them, but you know how that goes. I can't think of any reason an alcohol-compatible o-ring wouldn't work for gasoline too. My pump gas has ~15% ethanol anyway, so it's probably the one I want anyway.

Use the cheaper kit. If it will take alcohol it will take pump gas.

Calling MSD (actually Holley) is useless. They are F’ing worthless. It’s disgusting.

Holley bought Mallory, and then did their best to destroy it, by doubling or tripling Mallory prices (to improve holley fuel pump sales)(and the current Mallory ignition stuff is re-branded msd, also holley) I agree, with all the alcohol in pump gas now, the alcohol kit is a no brainer. Even if it weren't 25% the price.
I also like keeping your Mallory running, so you don't have to buy a holley pump.
My 20yr old Mallory 250 reman is going strong, paid $50 (maybe it was $75). That pump now is over $600.

-
Back