Man of Steel

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Just got back from watching the new Man of Steel Superman movie.

It was all that and a bag chips. Very well done! Awesome action scenes and graphics. The story line was also very well done.

When my wife and I were at Walmart on Sunday we were approached by an employee promoting Walmart Premier night of the movie. Bought the tickets for $9 each and we got to see the movie at 7pm tonight as opposed to the 12am showing for the general public! When we came out at 10 there was already a line to get in and people still showing up......you should've seen the faces many of us were getting, especially when you could see them counting all of us who had on Superman shirts, but we were leaving, lol. They soon picked up on the clues. They were like "WTF?, how did they get to see it before us.....but, we're first in line?!" LOL.

I saw the displays for Walmart night at my local store, but never saw anyone selling the tickets. Then, when we don't have the money to spare for the tickets, they put up another sign saying you can buy the tickets back in electronics. Figures. Ah, well. My son's birthday is next week. I figure going to see a Superman movie for your 8th birthday would be a cool thing for mom and dad to do.

went to the Midnight realease this morning then got up for work at 5:00 AM, basically left the show to "Nap" for 2 hours. Now that's comic nerd dedication for ya...loved the flick. While I grew up on the Christopher Reeves originals( which I love as well) I'm really glad they have the technology now to do it right. Flying scenes and Fight scenes were epic!

Thanks for the movie review on Man of Steel. I was stoked about the movie, then read a review by a "professional" and it kind of soured me. It is good to hear from folks who have seen the movie, and don't have an axe to grind or a boss to please. I am back to being stoked again, thanks 64 SRT8 Dart.

Thanks for the movie review on Man of Steel. I was stoked about the movie, then read a review by a "professional" and it kind of soured me.

Usually, if a "professional" critic doesn't like a movie, that makes me want to see it even more. I realized a long time ago that my tastes in movies differ greatly with those of so-called "professionals."

Usually, if a "professional" critic doesn't like a movie, that makes me want to see it even more. I realized a long time ago that my tastes in movies differ greatly with those of so-called "professionals."

I TOTALLY agree!!! Critics like chic flicks, period! I have been waiting for this movie to come out, watching the trailers weekly and saying to myself, " this better not suck". I'm glad to see positive reviews here. Hopefully going to see it tonight or tomorrow.

Same here, I can't count the times I have seen a movie and thought it was awesome only to hear some "critic" say it wasn't done well.

Saw it today. I really liked it. I'm glad I went to the big screen to see it instead of waiting for it on DVD.

I was pretty impressed with 'Man of Steel'. I think it's going to be near the top of the modern superhero movie pack when people look back at the current rash of superhero movies years later. The cast was great, the story was very good and told very well, the style and special effects were great.

-
Back