Mancini manual steer box?

-

LeftyJD

Reaction score
Anybody ran the Mancini racing manual steering box? Can't find any reviews of it really. And yes I tried the search function and didn't see any useful info. Just looking for general info on quality/fitment etc. I'm running a small block with tti 1 3/4 headers, it's a street car but it will definitely see some quarter mile passes. Looking to ditch the boat anchor power steering setup.

I have some manual boxes if your looking. I would assume they sell someone elses boxes.

Not to highjack but do you guys know the weight diff. between the 2 set-ups?

Thanks.

A factory manual box is 20-30lbs and a PS set up is around 75lbs or so.

Hey I just received a mancini manual box and before I threw it in I wanted to ensure it was 16-1 ratio
Input shaft really tough to turn and tons of slop in it. So either it was never set with proper preload and adjusted or its a bad build. Will email company this weekend but by if I have to ship back from Canada it won't be worth the price
This one was about $650 can by the time it arrived with exchange shipping and import

Hey I just received a mancini manual box and before I threw it in I wanted to ensure it was 16-1 ratio
Input shaft really tough to turn and tons of slop in it. So either it was never set with proper preload and adjusted or its a bad build. Will email company this weekend but by if I have to ship back from Canada it won't be worth the price
This one was about $650 can by the time it arrived with exchange shipping and import
Shipping steering boxes to Canada sucks and with the exchange now the cost can end up over $1200 for a Firm Feel 16:1 box.
I have been using Lares boxes and having them shipped to the boarder and driving down to pick them up. So far they have been good but I have not tried a 16:1 Mopar box from them yet.

We also offer a 16:1 manual box for for $459 but with the discount to the member's here it is $413 with free shipping within the USA 48 states.

Thanks
James

-
Back