Mancini Racing Shipping Charges?

-

Kittman

Reaction score
Yesterday I placed an order online with Mancini Racing online website for a set of spark plug cables. $19.95. I get the email order notification, no shipping charges listed. I inquired about that. This morning I received an email stating that a $15.78 shipping and handling charges has been applied. $35.73 the total comes to ship a small box of spark plug wires. I mean these wires must be solid lead!!!

I have purchased items from them but it has been awhile. Looks like it may be awhile in the future before I order parts there based on their shipping fees. On the flip side I would hate to see them go away.

Not that I think it is right, but when I asked, they said the shipping charge includes the employee that packed the box getting paid, the cost of the box and the cost of bubble wrap.

I don't think you have anything to complain about.
Do you realize it ain't cheap to send anything thru FEDEX, UPS, USPS, now a days.
A flat rate USPS medium box is $12.00, and a large is $17.00.

I sometimes just drive there and pick up the parts in person when I'm in town.

I think we all get spoiled by companies that offer free shipping. So when some companies charge us shipping, it's hard to digest. I wonder how some companies are able to offer free shipping and still make a profit??? Volume sales maybe???

I think we all get spoiled by companies that offer free shipping. So when some companies charge us shipping, it's hard to digest. I wonder how some companies are able to offer free shipping and still make a profit??? Volume sales maybe???

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No shipping on anything at Jegs. At Summit I think yo have to spend $99 to get free shipping. Of course, you have to check all their prices. Seems like Jegs and Summit are about the same price. Not sure how Jegs is shipping "free", but they do. Mancini has got some stuff you can't get anywhere else. I'd shop elsewhere for generic stuff like plug wires.

Remember to always check Amazon !! Got my steering coupler/ shaft for my 03 dakota way cheaper than anywhere else

Ordered something from Mancini a while back. Gave them both our PO box and home address. I told them we do not have a mail box at our house so we do not receive mail, if they were going to ship to the street address NOT to use the USPS. They shipped it do our house...with the USPS. After they got it back they informed me that they would be billing me for the reship...In the end they wanted $28 to ship a $27 part. I will never do business with them again. Have purchased a few things from....

https://www.monicattichrysler.com/comersus/store/comersus_dynamicindex.asp

Try living overseas. Shipping charges from USA are horrendous. Summit are about the only ones that I would call reasonable as they have a service called I parcel. If some of these retailers had better shipping rates to overseas their sales would increase markedly. Just my 2 cents.

Thing is Mancini doesn't quote shipping up front, main reason I only bought from them once....Once!! (In my best Joe Piscapo voice)

the good thing about mancini is they call you... like if they notice your address doesnt match previous orders, or if they think the shipping is too high (i ordered once with 2nd day air they called me and convinced me that USPS was about 1/3 the price)

also they pretty much always use USPS by default and that is preferred by our canadian crew. UPS on the other hand charges canadians outrageously.

i'm pretty sure the flat rate USPS box they used costs $12.78 or something so mancini added 3 bucks to cover the cost of shipping materials and the handling. that is not bad if you ask me.

unless you are filthy rich, I think we ALL take a hard lock at prices we pay for product and its shipping!!!
I ordered any assortmrnt of parts from Rock auto couple days ago. will come from 4 different w arehouses!!! could have cut than down if I would have substituted some inferior stuff. but still even then wayyyyy better than getting from O reilly. LOL!!

I have a speed shop vender 8 hours from me that gives me summit prices and free shipping, and only one tax in his province too. I have a list i need to get from Rock Auto as well.

Thank you Kittman, I was going to order some sub frame connectors from them. I'll make my own.

I'll never buy there again after my $200 leaf springs cost me I've $300!!! That's a serious friggin amount of money being charged and not disclosed until after they've run your card!

the good thing about mancini is they call you... like if they notice your address doesnt match previous orders, or if they think the shipping is too high (i ordered once with 2nd day air they called me and convinced me that USPS was about 1/3 the price)

also they pretty much always use USPS by default and that is preferred by our canadian crew. UPS on the other hand charges canadians outrageously.

i'm pretty sure the flat rate USPS box they used costs $12.78 or something so mancini added 3 bucks to cover the cost of shipping materials and the handling. that is not bad if you ask me.

They sure did not call me. When I placed the order they screwed me on there site told me they were going to use FedEX. USPS Flat Rate starts at $5.95 for the small Flat Rate box...

https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm

A friend ordered a pair of SS springs from them a while back. He ordered them on line. Had no idea they were going to hit him up for a bit over $100 to ship a pair of springs....

I had a pair of truck leaf springs shipped during the same time period....cost me $45.....and they were double the amount of leafs so I can only guess that they were probably damn near twice the weight.

-
Back