Mancini xhd leaf spring question

-

jtisdale

Reaction score
Hi i purchased a set of a body xhd leaf springs from mancini racing. they have 81 and 82 on the springs anyone know which spring goes on which side of the car? Thanks.

I think as far as Mopar part numbers go the even part numbers go on the drivers side and the odd numbers go on the pass side (leafs, torsion bars, etc) Hopefully someone will chime in and verify that I dont have it backwards!

I think as far as Mopar part numbers go the even part numbers go on the drivers side and the odd numbers go on the pass side (leafs, torsion bars, etc) Hopefully someone will chime in and verify that I dont have it backwards!
I have XHD from the dealer,8 is pass.side 9 is d.side.Hope this helps.

Usually the taller spring goes on the drivers side to compensate for the drivers weight.

i'm pretty sure the odd numbers go on the drivers side and even on th epass side.

OK lets stop this nonsense.The factory put an extra leaf in the ss springs on the PASSENGERS side.This was to help plant the tire in the Hemi cars. When you press the gas peddle the motor wants to rotate to the pass side.This is where most of the torque goes.SS cages were also built with this in mind as well..

If there is an extra leaf thats fine. Now look at the BIAS as I said before. The bias is how much of the leaf is forward of the axle. All mopars have thier leafs biased towards the FRONT of the car. Meaning the axle does not sit in the center of the leaf. The leading or front half of the springs will be shorter.

Mopar did this to help control axle wrap.

The factory put an extra leaf in the ss springs on the PASSENGERS side

do they still do that on the new ones? they may just put a different spring rate on each side now.

Damn, I think it would have been easier to call Mancini Racing for the answer... Anyway, MRE 1981 is for the Drivers/Left side and the other one, well...it goes on the other side. Also, it is the Passenger side/right side that has the spring with more leafs/bias because of engine torque not the drivers side because of a fat *** driver.

Are there more leafs on one of the spring packs, or are they even.

The Mancini XHD springs for a bodies have 5 leafs on both sides but they are stacked differently. Don't recal whether it is the second or third but on one side it's longer to the front and the other it's longer to the rear. Seems like they were assembled wrong but they work fine that way.

Yes called mancinin 82 on the right side with more springs. Thanks guys. See you on the power tour.

82 goes on pass. side just put those springs on mine it wont sit level though.

i thaught the same thing. the spring with more arch goes on the passenger side

-
Back