Manifolds

-

cuda620

Reaction score
Any exhaust manifolds fit a 383/A body besides the stock ones. Stockers are stupid priced. Thanks.

I used the HP manifold on the drivers side and a log on the passenger , just took a little grinding. I ran that combo for many years along with the custom fabricated motor mounts. this swap info was featured in an old hotrod mag late 60's early 70's

I have heard that some C-Body ones work. I think the part numbers are on Schumacher's web site.

Spend the stupid money or go with headers!

The other non stock cast manifolds lead to more headaches IMO. Buy the time you deal with the issues you paid the stupid money or have headers at lower cost.

I would have put headers on my 69 in the 80's, but no one made under chassis units for A's back then or none that fit and worked worth a darn. Sure glad I kept my original cast manifolds and not put fenderwall units in. In hindsight that was a good desicion!

I also built a 383 for my '70 in the early 80's. Yep, those Hooker fenderwells didn't fit worth a #$^&. They were a big hit... they hit the tires, hit the ground, hit the body ;)

Still kicking myself for letting the A-body manifolds go with the project '76 Valiant (same 383 in it) when the Air Force moved me in '92 but would only pay to ship one car because I was single then. They're worth now more than I got for the whole car! Oh well, live and learn.

B-body HP manifolds fit if you shorten the outer sleeve on the steering column up to the firewall.
P1011301.JPG
P1011302.JPG
P1011310.JPG

Headers leak. Stupid prices? I won't pay em. I'll stick with the small block 1st. Log type may be an idea though... Did you cut the sleeve on the column with p.s. Or manual or does it matter? Thanks all.

The 67-69 C body HP manifolds fit pretty good. I angle mill the drivers side manifold flange 1/6th. I tilts the flange away from the steering box/ column. Kim

The 67-69 C body HP manifolds fit pretty good. I angle mill the drivers side manifold flange 1/6th. I tilts the flange away from the steering box/ column. Kim
Kim, just the manifold to pipe flange or the manifold to head surface? Thanks.

The manifold to head. U have to remember that every car is not the same with the motor in a little Different spot. This has worked on many cars for me. Kim

Headers leak. Stupid prices? I won't pay em. I'll stick with the small block 1st. Log type may be an idea though... Did you cut the sleeve on the column with p.s. Or manual or does it matter? Thanks all.

Cheap junk headers leak. A tti or Schumacher won't leak if installed right. Hell even cheap junk headers can be sealed with a good gasket like a remflex.

-
Back