Manual 3-speed overdrive

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an Aluminum A833 OD trans. It's in used condition but was working, just had some loose sycnros. I've got shifter/linkage too, but no BB bellhousing. Contact me if your still interested for details. [email protected]

FWIW, You won't find a big block bell housing for the A833OD 4spd, they were never made. You will need a regular bb 4spd bell housing then you will either need to swap the bearing retainer off the A833OD for one that is the size of the bearing retainer hole in your bellhousing (4.80") or machine out the bell housing to the A833OD bearing retainer diameter of 5.125".

Didnt know they made a cast version. Im interested but worried shipping would be too expensive. Anyone shipped something this heavy?

Actually, cast iron A body ones were made until 1976, F bodies could still have them in 1978.
Pick-ups and vans had cast iron ones until at least 1982, but they are long shaft, like B+E bodies.

In 1975 a few 'A' body non-overdrive cast iron 4 speeds WERE produced, primarily behind V-8 4 speed cars and some /6 powered cars.
They are identified by the goofy overdrive-sized bearing retainer that has the smaller 307 bearing's bolt spacing, like, say, on a '70 A body 4 speed.
They also have a partial VIN on the machined pad that reads similar to the following:

5B#######.

Mark.

Pick-ups and vans had cast iron ones until at least 1982, but they are long shaft, like B+E bodies.

FWIW, the long tail shaft A833OD that I have in my 68 Barracuda came from an 80 D100 pick-up and it has an aluminum case. Several others from the same time frame in pick-ups and vans that I have looked at in the local bone yeards also had aluminum cases.

We are talking about a-body trannies not the others. Mark, were did you get your info on the OD because according to my Mopar chassis manual it lists '75 as being the only iron a-body version. I also mentions the '75 non-OD tranny in that book like you mentioned and would like to find one of these non-OD '75 trannys if anyone knows of one.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back