Manual s.box in a 66,with 360

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m installing a manual s.box in my 66 Dart and am swapping the 6 cyl. with p.steering to a 360 with manual s. bow.I have a floor shift steering column and another member was mentioning that I would have to lenghthen the shaft from column to box.Is this true?I haven,t measured this yet,but if someone has done this?Did you have to add to the shaft?Thanks for any insight on lengthening!

Power steering and manual steering colums are different lengths, You need the Mopar performance adapter Part # p4510637 I think firm feel and flaming river sell this also. Around $120-$150 FIRM FEEL below is $125.00 U.S.

coladp.jpg

Are you saying,you can,t cut and lengthen this by what 2-3 inches?I,d rather do that then spend $125-$170 Canadian$

If I have the column from m.steering and a m.steering box from 66,why would I have to add to it?Doesn,t it just bolt up like from factory?If not can you explain why not?

I thought it had power, and you were converting it to manual?I guess I dont understand the question?

I thought it had power, and you were converting it to manual?I guess I dont understand the question?
Right now I have column shift with p.steering.I bought a floor shift column also m.box and am gonna install.As I asked in my first ??,do I have to lengthen the shaft?Which was mentioned from another member doing this swap,Maybe he kept his p.steering??

Floor shift doesn't mean it is a manual STEERING COLUM, PS & MS colums are different lenghts regardless of how or which trans. is shifted/used. If you have a manual STEERING colum, no mods needed. If the colum came from a car with PS you need to ad length, buy/fabricate an adapter or find a colum from a MS car.

Power steering and manual steering columns are different lengths. Which do you have? In other words, was the car your floor shift column came out of manual? If it was power then you need the extension. If not, you don't.

Floor shift doesn't mean it is a manual STEERING COLUM, PS & MS colums are different lenghts regardless of how or which trans. is shifted/used. If you have a manual STEERING colum, no mods needed. If the colum came from a car with PS you need to ad length, buy/fabricate an adapter or find a colum from a MS car.
O.K thanks,I was just asking,another member was telling me I,d have to add to my column.I guess he didn,t see that I have the manual s.box column.My bad!I was getting confused as to why I would have to add to something that came factory?Thanks for your advise.

-
Back