-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSing

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 16:1 ratio Steering Box. That´s some 3,5 turn lock to lock.
Needs to in god working order. Small sector, what I call an early Steering Box.
See pic for id. Shipping to FL.
Thank you.
steeringbox1 FB.jpg

All manual steering boxes, 1962-76 use the same size sector shaft.. It's the Power boxes that changed in 73.
Your inbox is full...
I've got a good one I can do for $120 shipped.
Message me if that works for you.
Tony

All manual steering boxes, 1962-76 use the same size sector shaft.. It's the Power boxes that changed in 73.
Your inbox is full...
I've got a good one I can do for $120 shipped.
Message me if that works for you.
Tony

Thanks,
By the way, when I come to think of it, is the pitman arm a simple swap?
Mine is a ´68 a-body

I just changed my Dart to power steering , you will also need to replace the steering column shaft to complete your change over , don't buy any adapters for your old steering shaft ,do it right . I do have the steering shaft and Manuel steering box with pitman arm

Last edited:
White Punk is wrong, whoops, incorrect in the statement that all MS box are small sector till 72. The C bodies had manual boxes with a large sector shaft.
I know, I have one.

White Punk is wrong, whoops, incorrect in the statement that all MS box are small sector till 72. The C bodies had manual boxes with a large sector shaft.
I know, I have one.
I was speaking within the context of A Bodies.
There are light truck and Van boxes too that are also large sector

Well the trouble is using the Unqualified word ALL. This is the internet, and a person with 13,000 posts gets some position of 'expert' and an unquestioning reader will make the logic jump to all other related subjects of mopar manual steering boxes. Your intentions may be correct that it was related to " A bodies", it it is not an absolute correct statement.
I see way too much of incorrect "knowledge" on FABO, and the sort, and it creates endless mis-information in discussions.
This is why I called it out. Not to bust your chops, but to stop a general misconception.

I'm just interested in what car had a 3.5 turn box from the factory, I have a few from a 63 dart and 64 barracuda and they are 5 3/4 turn?

Agreed C- body manual boxes are different. How many of these have you seen in your life? Exactly, I doubt the OP will ever find one accidentally. But to be technical? You are right.
Well the trouble is using the Unqualified word ALL. This is the internet, and a person with 13,000 posts gets some position of 'expert' and an unquestioning reader will make the logic jump to all other related subjects of mopar manual steering boxes. Your intentions may be correct that it was related to " A bodies", it it is not an absolute correct statement.
I see way too much of incorrect "knowledge" on FABO, and the sort, and it creates endless mis-information in discussions.
This is why I called it out. Not to bust your chops, but to stop a general misconception.

I just changed my Dart to power steering , you will also need to replace the steering column shaft to complete your change over , don't buy any adapters for your old steering shaft ,do it right . I do have the steering shaft and Manuel steering box with pitman arm

Thanks, but since parts will be forwarded to Sweden from Florida, it would be to coasty.
Is your box an 16:1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back