Manual Steering column/shaft question

-

FDNY340

Reaction score
Purchased a steering column used and failed to see the threads for the steering wheel are mangled. Going to try to repair threads but if they are too far gone I was looking to separate the upper and lower portion of the collapsible steering shaft and use the upper portion from another shaft that was cut down. The lower portion of the column will be secured with a Flaming River coupler and top with c-clips and steering wheel. Am I looking for trouble or is it doable?? Thanks in advance.
I always respect the info from this group!!

Slide it back together and align the holes where the injected plastic pins were. Fill the holes where the plastic was with JB Weld . That is what I did. I remember years back I saw a friend hammer lead pins in he cut down from body shop lead and smash the ends over to keep them in place. It was a pretty slick idea for the time.

Slide it back together and align the holes where the injected plastic pins were. Fill the holes where the plastic was with JB Weld . That is what I did. I remember years back I saw a friend hammer lead pins in he cut down from body shop lead and smash the ends over to keep them in place. It was a pretty slick idea for the time.
Thank you!

-
Back