Manual valve body?

-

FullmetalPanic

Restomod - The new Hotrod
Reaction score
Hey FABO community, Im having no luck figuring out who or what made/sold this valve body. I bought it many years ago and just now getting ready to rebuild a 727 trans. There are only 2 strings of numbers on the plate: "1217" and "14164". No luck anywhere on google, here, or any other forums. The number doesnt show any results. Im trying to find out who/what built it so I can figure out if it has the low band apply. Id rather not figure it out the hard way later on! I plan to get a CRT bolt in sprag and the other goodies, but right now, I have this VB, 3000 stall converter, and a worn out 727. I think Im better off getting the low band apply style if this VB doesnt have it. Is there a way to identify physically what makes one have the low band apply or not? My engine should make around 420-500 at the crank and up to 600 in the future.

20240616_134504.jpg
20240616_134513.jpg
20240616_143632.jpg

After a couple more hours of checking and double checking I got something.. maybe. I think this is a forward pattern valve body. I hear several check balls rattling around instead of just 1. The number 1217 may be HP1217, by Hughes Performance. And they specify the reverse pattern is HP1217R.

Anyways, I may or may not have solved the question, but I have my definite answer now. A new RMVB it is. The CRT-2X will do.

So now I have this VB to sell, I think a few more pieces were needed that I didnt get with the VB so I dont even know what this is worth.

Call Hughes and tell them what you have, they can confirm or deny whether it's their product or not.

I would GUESS if it's years and years old like you say that it's probally not a low band apply .

I bought this around 2018, and I know it's been in use for a few years before that too. It was in his old setup before he committed the sin of twin turbo BBC swap

racer-2.jpeg

Hey FABO community, Im having no luck figuring out who or what made/sold this valve body. I bought it many years ago and just now getting ready to rebuild a 727 trans. There are only 2 strings of numbers on the plate: "1217" and "14164". No luck anywhere on google, here, or any other forums. The number doesnt show any results. Im trying to find out who/what built it so I can figure out if it has the low band apply. Id rather not figure it out the hard way later on! I plan to get a CRT bolt in sprag and the other goodies, but right now, I have this VB, 3000 stall converter, and a worn out 727. I think Im better off getting the low band apply style if this VB doesnt have it. Is there a way to identify physically what makes one have the low band apply or not? My engine should make around 420-500 at the crank and up to 600 in the future.

View attachment 1716263358View attachment 1716263359View attachment 1716263360

1217 is a TCI rev manual VB no band apply. Newer number is 121700. Should be able to search for it and instructions on TCI Automotive website or Jegs. Also TranZact made some of these for TCI years ago. The second number stamped is probably a serial number. Hope that helps.

1217 is a TCI rev manual VB no band apply. Newer number is 121700. Should be able to search for it and instructions on TCI Automotive website or Jegs. Also TranZact made some of these for TCI years ago. The second number stamped is probably a serial number. Hope that helps.
Far more positive than what I was able to find, much appreciated.

-
Back