Manual valvebody users please come in

-

71swing

Reaction score
Who here runs a manual valvebody, and have all of you installed billet aluminum Low/Reverse piston kit.

I started a new thread about 3weeks ago but only got one response(Thanks fishy68 ). So I thought I would try a new title. Here is my previous thread. It contains a email from A&A regarding the servo kit purchase with a valvebody. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=24140

I'm not concerned with the valvebody install, but I am concerned with the billet aluminum Low/Reverse piston kit install.

Who has performed this install before and what is the level of difficulty? Can I install the servo kit with the tranny still in the car?

How many of you are running valvebodies with the nothing other than the valvebody bolted in? Has this caused you problems?

This is the second car I've had with manual valve bodies. Never changed a servo, nor have I ever heard of anybody doing it either. Maybe in some all out racer, who knows. If it matters I had a reverse TA Cheetah in my old car and a Forward one in my Duster.

I run a CRT reverse manual VB. CRT recomennded installing the billet low/reverse servo piston because all his VB's are low band apply and I believe the A&A VB's are low band apply as well. YES YOU NEED IT. Yes you can install it with the trans in the car. I know I did it on mine. On a 904 you have to pull the tail housing off of the trans to access the hole to slide th epin out so the piston lever will drop far enough out of the way.....not hard just time consuming. I was also nervous about doing it but it's not a big deal. just a couple of bolts and a gasket. take off the DS and slide the tailhousing off of the output shaft, slide the reatining pin out and install the new servo and reinstall the piston lever and then bolt the tailshaft back up....piece of cake.

I've got the A&A manual reverse valve body with low band apply. I got it and the piston kit from Andrews Racing Transmissions. I rebuilt my whole 727. It was the first time for me and I was very nervous about doing it. I got the book by Carl Munroe and followed it. After I was done I couldn't believe how easy the whole procedure was. Of course I had the tranny out to do this so I don't know about doing it in the car.

Jack

-
Back