Map light, trunk light and reverse light

-

cdstl

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some pictures of the mounting position for these items. I've found the trunk light switch spot, but not sure where the light mounts.

Looking for the spot where the reverse light mounts.

Looking for where the map light should hang down. I've seen the switch on the DS down low on a couple of JY cars.

Thanks

Ok, there's a good idea. It's a 70 Duster.

Map light I've figured out the map light.

Trunk light I've found 1 picture of a car with the trunk open and the light lit up near the DS trunk lid hinge. I don't see any pre-drilled holes for the light itself. I know where the switch is mounted.

Reverse light. I'd really like to see a close up picture of that. I don't see any holes in the dash where it may be mounted. It's for my son's car and he has a set of after market gauges to mount, but I don't want them in the way of factory stuff.

Thanks

If you post pics of the map light location and toggle switch for the map light. I will post pics of my 70 Duster Reverse light location when I get home from work.

Can you post the pics I need cdstl....map light and switch location.

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2531.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 134
Ok, great picture. It looks like we may need to drill a hole for the light as there is not one in the dash now. We got a different dash and had it blasted and powder coated. I need to check on the old one to see if it has a hole for the light.

I'm not home now, and we haven't installed the map light harness yet. Here goes and I am going from memory.

The light mounts to the bottom lip of the dash near the PS cowl vent. There is an oval hole on the bottom edge of the dash where you would put a screw up through and into the map light.

To the left of the parking brake there is another oval hole and that is where the switch will go.

If you google "plymouth duster map light" and go to images you will see a picture of an interior shot of a Duster dash. You can see the switch down there next an aftermarket gauge.

edit: Here is a thread that is somewhat helpful.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=180173

-
Back