Map Light

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
In all of the reference books I have I've only found one reference to where the map light goes. Supposedly, it is installed on the upper dash above the heater controls. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the correct position, it would seem there should be a cutout for the lens in the dash bezel, but I've never seen one.

Thanks

Mine is under the dash above the fresh air vent on the passenger side.. Guess you lay your map on the floorboard?

I guess I should have said I have a 69 Barracuda.

Sleeper, I'm guessing you're referring to you Scamp.....thanks

In all of the reference books I have I've only found one reference to where the map light goes. Supposedly, it is installed on the upper dash above the heater controls. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the correct position, it would seem there should be a cutout for the lens in the dash bezel, but I've never seen one.

Thanks

That's where the map light is located on the B Bodies. On A Bodies it's a separate metal/plastic housing below the dash usually on the right side. There should also be a small plastic bezel with toggle switch on the driver's side to the left of the steering column to turn it on/off.

That's where the map light is located on the B Bodies. On A Bodies it's and separate metal/plastic housing below the dash usually on the right side. There should also be a small plastic bezel with toggle switch on the driver's side to the left of the steering column to turn it on/off.

Correct

Map light switch (lower left corner of the dash) on my '74 Scamp

S5000474-1.jpg

On my dad's '73 340 Duster

S5000774-1.jpg

On my '74 Duster (with Rear Defrosters too. old picture, before I painted the car or installed the interior)

S5000857-1.jpg

The map light in my '74 Duster is pretty much only good for appearance, since my CD Changer is directly below the map light... oops :D

Correct

Map light switch (lower left corner of the dash) on my '74 Scamp

S5000474-1.jpg

On my dad's '73 340 Duster

S5000774-1.jpg

On my '74 Duster (with Rear Defrosters too. old picture, before I painted the car or installed the interior)

S5000857-1.jpg

The map light in my '74 Duster is pretty much only good for appearance, since my CD Changer is directly below the map light... oops :D

Where exactly is the said light? I have the switch and wiring but have no idea where it's at.

-
Back