marine carb on a duster 360?

-

MoparOrNokar

HammerTime
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of rebuilding my 360. The engine builder said a 750dp would be a good choice. A guy at work gave me a carb for free and said he didnt know if it was a 750 or an 850. I looked up the list number and it is a 750 holley for marine use. Question is whats the difference and has anyone tried this and have input?

It's.......................FREE??.................

Bolt dat 'itch ondar

Big difference, IIRC, is that the marine carb is vented internally, rather than externally as with an automotive carb. The tell is a hooked tube coming from the body of the carb and opening towards the throttle bores.

Attachments

• marinecarb.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 154
Well...........not exactly. That does not make it "internally". Those are more "anti splash" to insure that any fuel coming out the vents goes down the throttle bores.

Call Holley tech line, they will tell you what the differences are.

Throttle shafts are staked, J tube vents. That about it. Oh, and the metering is not real car friendly, more of a constant RPM type metering, Look at the metering blocks and count the emulsion holes. All can be modded back to car (only metering blocks effect driveablilty). But a new Marine carb will work better than an old car carb...

Read post #2. Over and over.

I ran one from a marine 340 on a 360 for a while. The airflow had to be restricted severely to get it to work. We took the back end of a Chevy starter & drilled holes in it & placed it over the carb opening.

It worked fine as a commuter that way, but performance sucked. Mine was free as well, I replaced it as soon as I could.

I've got a 750 cfm Marine Carter that I had on my Stroker Engine in my Wellcraft Boat. I have used on several different Mopars and Chebbies with no issues. I do think that I jetted it bigger for the Stroker.

-
Back