Marriage is :

-
Almost 38 years for my wife and me. And that was after dating for 7 years!!
I can honestly say, we didn't start dating untill after we got married

Were at 19 years and we've dated more in the last few years them ever

Once you hit yer 50s, it's damn near date night EVERY night, after work. We're to tired, broke and grumpy (thanks Brandy GTFO) to go out, so we just come home and get down to it
That actually sounds nice, I can't wait

I was married 21 1:2 years to my 1st wife when she was killed in auto accident. I was widowed almost 30 years and dated lots but never found the right one until 3 years ago. We are on our way home from our honeymoon cruise now. I had said I would never get remarried until I came across this one, Joe
Congratulations to you both

Some days I get home from where ever it is I was she’s got that look in her eye, and says “on your back your getting it”

Mariage is an institution designed for the sole benefit of women.
Ya... I don't think so, I would have starved to death somewhere back in the '80's if it wasn't for mine. I also wouldn't have what I do, as she's the money saver... it sure as hell ain't me !

Sorry, but no

Marriage was designed by Allmighty God for the sole benefit of humanity

Look at a civilization with strong marriages and you will see a healthy, prosperous civilization

Look at a society which undermines marriage and you will see quite the opposite

I dare say that a civilization can only be as strong as it marriage

In fact, the decline of marriage was one of the key factors in the downfall of the Roman empire

Ya... I don't think so, I would have starved to death somewhere back in the '80's if it wasn't for mine. I also wouldn't have what I do, as she's the money saver... it sure as hell ain't me !
I would have drank myself to death, my wife stood by me and kept me from ending up in the gutter.
My wife is one tough red head, she was raised by a Marine to handle a Marine.

49 years this September. I had my head in the clouds at times, she pulled me back to earth. Id buy her some nice clothes for her birthday and Christmas, she'd return them and use the money to buy clothes for the kids
I never met a more unselfish person in my life

I don't know. Most women will be by their man when it's not "better", but "worse"....

I watched the power of a determined wife go into battle with a close friend who lost his battle to Cancer. She loved that man and would swing foe the fence daily while he battled to breathe....

JW

I don't know. Most women will be by their man when it's not "better", but "worse"....

I watched the power of a determined wife go into battle with a close friend who lost his battle to Cancer. She loved that man and would swing foe the fence daily while he battled to breathe....

JW
My wife was a nurse and she would do the same. When she trained and worked they all wore white and the white cap so I always refer to nurses as Angels in White" and it's true.

JW
I think it goes both ways, not limited to a man or woman but rather lends itself to character of the individual
Ive said this many times here and in person when the topic comes up
When the preacher says "in good health and bad, for better or worse", them young couples in love should take note, because thats no lie

Marriage is what you make it. It takes two to make it work. I am working on my second marriage after putting 24 years into trying to make a miserable woman happy. This time around we've been together for 7 years and counting I am ready to make it right in the eyes of God.

When most guys say sarcastically "I'm living the dream" I AM NOT THAT GUY "I AM LIVING THE DREAM" and it's better this time than I hoped. In our late 50's we both know what we want and together we'll make it happen. We dated when we were kids (17 & 15) and 34 years later reconnected. I had always wondered what it would have been like. It's better!!!

40 years on May 7th… She took me to Maui!

70469449437__27CCB489-8F90-4B08-AF0B-7C9DD966149B.jpeg

My wife and I will be married 36 years this November. We went to school together (In same Class, literally) since 7th grade. Dated some in high school. Took our own paths for a few years after graduation and met up again a few years later. Man can she cook and she don't complain about my projects. She loves to hunt and fish as well. May be partially why we have gotten along so well for so many years. No children. She tells everyone she didn't think she could handle a smaller energized version of me and her luck it would have been twins!

Sometimes we joke with folks when they ask us how we have stayed together so long that we are both just too stubborn to give up!!! I believe the real glue here is that we both love God and our Lord Jesus and take our vows and commitments seriously. It takes two to make it work but only one to tear it down. (A house divided can not stand) Matthew 12:25.

-
Back