Marshall Rebuilt Engines, Whats your opinion?

-

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
I have been having issues finding a dependable used /6 motor close to me at a reasonable price, and I have been thinking of just ordering a rebuilt motor from Auto Zone. However I have never got any feedback from people that have ordered a Marshall rebuilt motor I have only heard feedback on the Surefire companies rebuilt motors.

Do any of you have an opinion on the Marshall company or can you recommend a company that produces a good 225 /6 motor or around the same price of $1,500.

I've seen some good ones and some bad ones.

Call a local machine shop and see what they would charge to rebuild your engine.

I have put in several over the years never had a bad one. Just make sure everything is good on your end as far fuel pump, water pump, radiator and timing.

They are out of Nebraska. Pretty good engines, I even got one of their 460 Fords and it made it through a drunkin' divorce so that pretty much sold me.

That's funny. The last 460 Ford I owned was in a 76 F250 Heavy Duty that my ex drove off with all her **** in it. I happily stood in the driveway waving goodbye. I sure miss that truck.

I've seen some good ones and some bad ones.

Call a local machine shop and see what they would charge to rebuild your engine.

I called all of the machine shops close to me and it will cost me over $2,000 to get the work done. I have to get the cylinders bored out due to scoring. :banghead:

Many rebuilders are a crap shoot from one engine to another. What mean is you might get a great engine and your neighbor might get a cul. This is likely a localized outfit, and you'd probably be better off asking "around town."

-
Back