Mask Drive

-

George Jets

1967 Dart 2 Door
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Our Minnesota Governor is asking anyone who can make Home Made Protection Masks to do so for this coming week's "Mask Drive".

The folks making up the masks are asked to drop them off at their local Fire Department this coming Saturday.

Then the Fire Departments are going to distribute them to the people that need them the most.

775 Fire Departments all over the state are participating in this Mask Drive.

Great Thing . . .

Making Masks
20200418_183310.jpg

Mask pre-cut fabric for next batch of 8
20200418_214318.jpg

Washed and Packaged
20200418_200154.jpg

Some of the the Folks that work at the local Kwik Trip need masks too, they can't find any. Sending a batch to them too.

Got to love our country, people coming together . . rising to the occasion. Lots of people all over our country are already at work sewing up masks.

Thanks to All !

Mask Drive

20200418_111333(0).jpg

Sister in Minneapolis has come up with a good mask design and is on board also for this week's Mask Drive, and has been getting a few masks around to relatives too.

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

i wore one to the post office the other day...i felt like i was getting ready to rob a stage coach

People going into the local Menards Home Center for basic repair supplies are wearing protection masks now too.

Not so strange anymore . . .

03C0929A-8F2F-4523-A557-2F3923733770.jpeg
Nice work!! My wife and girls have been knocking out quit a few too. Any help makes a difference. Haven’t heard of any mask drives around us in WA. I’m sure they will stack up over there, good luck, stay safe.

Ya......they can kiss my pearl white azz before I wear a mask driving my car.....
I don't have enough middle fingers to truly express how I feel about it.

Jeff

Nobody wants you to wear one alone in your car, or walking around in you yard. It's just needed when you are around others. A guy robbed a bakery here and the picture of him with his mask on made him look like a pro. They caught him, the mask didn't make him any smarter.:)

Have enough product cut now to make 100 masks.

20 stacks of 10 patterns for 100 masks, 2 layers Polypropylene fabric for each mask.

Needing more 1/8" elastic for the straps, have it ordered in from 4 different sources.

There is a big run on 1/8" elastic right now all over the country with everyone making masks, creating a shortage.

Hoping some of the orders start showing up soon so I can continue on.

20200422_195753.jpg

Mopar A Body 4" to 4.5" wheel adapters are working out just great as a jig for cutting the 7" diameter mask fabric.

Just the right diameter, just the right weight to hold 10 layers of fabric at a time for cutting. And they stand up off the table nice for cutting around them with the upholstery sheers.

One way to make use of some of these seldom used mopar parts on the shelf.

20200421_174326.jpg

20200422_103326.jpg

Houston just implemented where people can go out ( Like zillions were not already out!) BUT YO must were a maskof some type. Good thing were don't live in Houston, we have no masks or TP or etc. to buy anywhere. Told the wife to put a clean pair of her panties in the truck for "just in case"> She bet I wold not put tttthoe on my face in a store. I bet her I would. She is pretty petite.

Here are some of the Minnesota Mask Drive results in just St. Paul alone. I can just imagine the big number of home made masks donated at the 775 Fire Stations state wide.

Pretty amazing how people are stepping up, Firefighters are boxing up the masks and are getting them out to the congregate care facilities for the elderly and their care providers.

Most of the deaths in MN are the elderly, it will be interesting to see these numbers drop off because of the efforts of this cause.

I was able to drop off 45 masks at the Northfield Fire station that I had made up.

Met another lady there that brought in another 30 masks that she put her heart and soul into making them for others. Think she likes the color purple, she put a lot of care into them.

20200425_105616.jpg

20200428_095705.jpg

So yes, everybody helps out and it turns into a great thing.

i picked up 100 3D printed face shields for my wife's job yesterday
a local company is donating them to business all over the city

-
Back