Mason Dixon Dragway

-

416 scamp

Reaction score
Checked the schedule of local dragstrip for this season... And I noticed that mostly all of the races are scheduled for 1/8th mile :banghead: I personally like 1/4 mile myself.....

Do they get a break on insurance for the short races? Lower terminal speeds might make insurers less nervous. But what do I know??

ATB

BC

Do they get a break on insurance for the short races? Lower terminal speeds might make insurers less nervous. But what do I know??

ATB

BC

I won`t race or pay to watch 1/8 mile racing. It`s no good for "real" street cars, because of the gearing needed for the short distance.
just my 2 cents worth, I hate it! bob:lurk:

I thought most had gone to 1000 ft. but I haven't followed it much in the last few years. Since it seems like every track I go to ends up getting shut down, I quit going in order to save the sport.

Do you ever run at 75/80?I heard they reopened,not sure though.I used to work there back in the 80's,when my dad was the anouncer.OH boy were they some good times!

Don't quote me on this,but I believe they are 1/8 mile now.It's been a loooonnnng time since I've been there.May there is someone on here that knows and could chime in.

Just talked with a guy in Monrovia Md. yesterday about 75/80. He said it was an outlaw track since the original owner sold it a few years ago. He said it was really screwed up as far as track operation, low car counts and not organized, He said he didn;t think that track had much of a future, do to possible future development. He sold his car and I'm buying the motor/trans. from him. I know car counts are down at some, may be alot of tracks, but after talking with him the future didn't look to brite for that track. I haven't been there for about 8-10 years. I ran at one of the mopar events back in the day when it was still an NHRA member track. I liked it there, just a little far for me to tow weekly and it needed alot of updates, sort of run down. From what I gathered the new owners just operate the track and really don't care, just my opinion from our conversation.

-
Back