master cylinder gasket question

-

keith9291

Reaction score
I know when I took my master cylinder off there was a plastic gasket behind it. I am putting a Mopar Performance master cylinder and somewhere along the way I lost the plastic gasket. Does anyone sell these? This is for manual brakes. Thanks!

was it a foam type gasket or a plastic type? I have seen the foams ones for sale at a couple places and I may be incorrect but I am pretty sure they are for power brake.
Thanks!

I believe it is the foam style, I didn't know there was a difference. I was going to use it on Tara's dart which is a non power disk break car but it is all customized and no where near stock.

cool...Heck for the 20 bucks they cost, it may very well be worth it. Thanks agian

You can go to your local parts house and get some Felpro make a gasket material. Much less than $20 and cut out you own. That's what I did anyways. You get much better seal that the foam stuff IMHO. I don't think foam would work good for lets just say the thermostat housing. LOL

The foam would work find IMO. as you tighten up the nuts it will compress and seal great. Its there to keep water and dust out of the passenger compartment. It not under pressure so it would not take much to keep the water out. But just my $.02

I made my own gasket out of a Felpro gasket sheet I picked up at Advance Auto for less than $4 I believe it was.

If you know of anyone who put Pergo in their house, ask them if they have any left over padding (or whatever it is called). It seems more dense than the original foam gasket; which leads me to think it is better. Anyways, that is what I did to replace mine. I had the old gasket and traced it onto the padding. You could do the same by tracing the m/c.

-
Back