Matt Cooke....

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I watched the hit last night, between the Pens and the Sens, where he slit the back of a guys leg open and all I can say is what a POS!! I am embarrassed to say he is Canadian. I love hard nosed CLEAN hockey and this ***-clown is plain and simple disgusting! Oh yeah did you see him shy away from Chris Neil?? Pussy wouldnt even fight...how Pittsburgh as a hockey team can even hold their heads up with him on their team is beyond me. Goof

how Pittsburgh as a hockey team can even hold their heads up with him on their team is beyond me. Goof
it's just like how Canucks players (and fans) supported Todd Bertuzzi after his idiotic crap a few years ago (remember them all saying it was Steve Moore's own fault when that f-face broke his neck?)
It's funny how things look so different from the other side of the ice lol.

I can't believe the NHL decided there shouldn't be any discipline on Crooke...I mean Cooke...oh wait, the league's been a joke for years, so I can believe it.

It was not on purpose... If you were to take the names off the jerseys and watch the replay on NHL.com you would say it was just part of the game and no intent to injure.
It is a nasty injury to the achilles tendon and you can bet Karlsson will be out for the shortened season..

The operation was a success as of this mornings news..

Cooke as it is has a bad rap sheet and if there was any intent to injure you can bet his *** would be handed big fines etc..

You must not have watched the the same video over and over then did. It was already said on Sports Desk that there was no intent , and all anylist,s agreed .It just so happened that there was a Cooke on his jersey , and not some pussy Russian Turtle bug. Matt Cooke is a very good hockey player , and very intense , you hit him he gets back up for more , and why fight Neil the goon , Cooke is not an enforcer . And the real good part about the game Neils gets running around like an idiot , and Orpik catchs him with a dandy , Neil is the Jersey they should be watching .

Dang you Canadians get vicious when it comes to hockey lol bout like us southerners and our college football Roll Tide Roll

it's just like how Canucks players (and fans) supported Todd Bertuzzi after his idiotic crap a few years ago (remember them all saying it was Steve Moore's own fault when that f-face broke his neck?)
It's funny how things look so different from the other side of the ice lol.

I can't believe the NHL decided there shouldn't be any discipline on Crooke...I mean Cooke...oh wait, the league's been a joke for years, so I can believe it.
I understand what you say. It was cowardess but did Bertuzzi so called break his neck or the bunch of players that piled on later. Even so.........Bertuzzi had a year and some suspension. INTENT TO injure. Hes been the only one that has been really repromanded for his actions. The way it should be...Is if you injure a player deliberately and they cant play for any period of time, You dont as well with out pay. If they did this you would see alot of the cheap shots gone. BTW a break/fracture/crack is all the same ****. He( Moore) was in a Philly collar. He had a small avalsion type fracture in his neck. If it was real serious hed have a halo on. JM2CW

The guy has a history of being a POS cheap shot artist

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nig2naN8NTs"]Don Cherry on Matt Cooke - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Steve,, Im not a fan of Matt Cooke either. He needs a cheap shot himself. There is no way he did that on purpose. Even if someone wanted to do this its near impossible to slide a skate down the back to cut a achilies tendon. It sucks, hes a great player for Ottawa..(non fan ) but **** does happen.

same thing happen to jordan staal couple years back...i think it was pk saaban did it n he didnt get nothing outa it

as a pittsburgh pens die hard fan cooke has had a few bad hits over his career as had every hockey player cooke has changed his game play totally over last couple years that hit was by no means intent to injure every team has a guy like cook GO PENS!!!!!!

Yes he has a hitory of cheap shots , and also paid a pennally for alot of them .But that video is a few years back i think , i really think he is a changed player , and plays with intensity .But what i am trying to say is that there are others in the NHL that you have got to look at also , and i did not mean he was a angel , just that the hit on Carlson there was no intent, and it was the original subject i think .

I understand what you say. It was cowardess but did Bertuzzi so called break his neck or the bunch of players that piled on later. Even so.........Bertuzzi had a year and some suspension. INTENT TO injure. Hes been the only one that has been really repromanded for his actions. The way it should be...Is if you injure a player deliberately and they cant play for any period of time, You dont as well with out pay. If they did this you would see alot of the cheap shots gone. BTW a break/fracture/crack is all the same ****. He( Moore) was in a Philly collar. He had a small avalsion type fracture in his neck. If it was real serious hed have a halo on. JM2CW
like I said, there's always people who defend f***face for breaking Steve Moore's neck.
Oh, and that one year suspension that ***** got for it was such a horrible penalty. Considering it was one of the seasons that Bettman wiped out completely, so he couldn't have played anyways.

Matt Cooke is a very good hockey player
No he isn't. He's a 0.3 point per game player. With a history of trying to injure people. You can see him left his left foot up to bring it down on Karlsson. I've never, ever seen anyone lift their foot up as they go to the boards for any reason whatsoever-in fact, hockey players try to keep their feet on the ice for a strong base-they don't lift their skates off the ice as they check somebody from behind. Before the puck gets there.

Thanks 65vart/wally for posting that youtube clip. Yep I watched the same game, yep I watched the same clip over and over. Yep I still think he did it ON PURPOSE. Watch how his blade comes down. It comes down with more force than simply being "off-balance". Now all of you defending him, watch the clip wally/65vart posted...then tell me he didnt do it on purpose. That clip is a few years old now, so how much more can be added to it??
Oh yeah he has cleaned up his act....BS
Has he ever even once admitted to doing something on purpose?? Remember the Savard blindside elbow when he knocked him out cold?? While the paramedics were tending to Savard(who I dont really like) he was standing off with a ref talking casual like he was innocent...
Im not a conspirist(sp?) what I find remarkable is that not one broadcaster announcer, anyone doesnt seem to think it was intentional. They dont simply have the balls to say "this was a cheap shot from a cheap shot artist"

Matt Cooke does not play hard nosed hockey, he is an idiot and there is a clip with enough proof...
Why not fight Neil(who I dont like)?? You caused a season ending injury whether you call it clean or not..someone challenges you...both about the same size...you pos(cooke) accept the challenge. Whether you agree with fighting or not, for now its part of the game. Accept the challenge...
Yes I am going by the name on the back of the jersey because that is who did this..you cant go with "if" this and "if" that...It was Cooke.
In prison one of the worse things you could be called is a GOOF...Matt Cooke is a flat out GOOF
Lotsa hockey players out there that play clean hard-nosed hockey. One of my all time favorites is Wendel Clark. And he answered the bell every time!
Cam Neely great frickin player..answered the bell
Agree or disagree with me, but watch the clip Matt Cooke is a POS. R
Rant over...for now LOL

The You Tube clip is older then the Pope!!!, Clark, Neely, Neil were all fighters in the NHL , Cooke is not a fighter why fight that idiot , or maybe he should have, and knocked a few more of his teeth out , far as i am concerned Neil was the scum bag , skating around the ice looking to cheap shot,on not only Cooke but whoever he pleases.When it all comes down to it, was there a suspension for the Carlson hit .I think not.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyfTzunzrUk"]Erik Karlsson is injured by Matt Cooke's skate. Feb 13th 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Watch from this angle

And you say he isnt a goon?? This is within the past couple years(thrashers) Got what he deserved!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKAY7BETEg"]Evander Kane One Punch Knock Out Against Matt Cooke - YouTube[/ame]

And this lovely little clip..watch at about the 4 min mark GOOF hiding with the ref..
Reminds me of Claude Lemieux, although Lemieux could play the game..but Lemieux was dirty as well

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b41ufiDRwc4"]Cooke Hit on Savard - 5 1/2 Minutes - NESN HD - YouTube[/ame]

Also look back in the playoffs 2010 ,2011 when Crosby and Malkin were out , Cooke was the one that shined and stepped up his game for the Pens, scoring numorous times , and i am almost positive that he led the team in goals and assists that year in the playoffs , and you say he is not a great hockey player , he takes alot of **** in front of the net , and comes back for more .

And i think we are talking about the Carlson hit , were we not .All of a sudden we are into You Tube **** again from years back , as i said he was no angel in the past, but we are talking about a specific incident here. The Carlson hit . No intent .You can taker as far as you like , i am done , just glad there will be no suspension.

Love this one...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5K4m5qoQro"]Dustin Brown hit on Matt Cooke - YouTube[/ame]

Heres another

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Ri0NV9Fjw"]Matt Cooke runs Rick DiPietro 3 times - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back