Maverick

-

383Duster

Reaction score
I was at a car show today in Springfield, MO. and this was there. The owner says its the original Maverick. It was found behind a barn somewhere in LA. He said the restoration was completed in 2010 and that everything is date coded as the original motor was gone. The car looked outstanding, probably much better than it did back in the day.

Attachments

• Maverik Dodge 003.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Maverik Dodge 002.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 372
Beautifully done!Shame it will be trailored to shows then sit in a museum the rest of it,s life.:thumbup:

She's a beauty. Saw it @ the Nats in the summer. Was there a gorgeous babe standing nearby?

There are two hemi cars almost identical to that build, all black that attend a local cruise and always park next to one another, one is a single 4bbl, the other a cross rammed unit.

My mouth always waters when I see one of these cars with a hemi stuffed in it.

and here i clicked on this thread, thinking i was going to see some 4 dr 72 pro street ford maverick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of the TV show Maverick, but it was Mannix!, in which he drove a customized Dart, not sure of the year. But this is a cool car to be saved for future generations to appreciate. Good find!

There was a writeup in this one recently in one of the Mope mags.. It definitely takes someone with a lot of love to bring one of these back to life.

Grant

bill "golden" maverick...he also piloted the little red wagon ..here are couple old shots...

Attachments

• bg.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 200
  • bg1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 199
Wow...that pic was shot at Green Valley. If that is the Green Valley that was on the north side of Ft Worth, TX I raced there back in the early 70's with my 68 Coronet R/T.

If I remember right, Bill was a member here for a while. He used to post a bit, but then faded away. I haven't seen him on here in at least 2 years.

Jack

If I remember right, Bill was a member here for a while. He used to post a bit, but then faded away. I haven't seen him on here in at least 2 years.

Jack
You are right Jack, He is a member here, but like you said he has not returned :coffee2:
He had a home here in Sercy Arkansas with a great small lake and we had planed a day of fishing but the weather did not work out for us, He was at Monster Mopar at Indy and I talked to him and his wife as he sat in a wheel chair in a van.
He said he sold his place to a man and the man split the property up and made a killing on it, but he did get a Big settlement from the co builders that built a wagon like his and admitted that if the co would have just asked first and not been such of an A.H. on the phone he would have not sent his lawyers on them... He is getting up in years and still has a good sense of humor :glasses7:, He said to me Mike this is my wife not my daughter :iconbigg:, he signed my fabo memike hat and said he would try and get back to us..... He is doing allot of traveling with the car in this thread and another car he has an old friend racing and showing at event's.
I hope he is doing well, his wife did take a fabo card from me and said she would try and get back to us.

Attachments

• Got to to what ya gata 056.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 117
-
Back