max wedge scoop on 65 valiant?

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
hey guys. i am rapidly making progress on my 65 valiant street machine. the car will be a driver. will be a small block daily driver. it will be mini tubbed with 295-60-15's on the back and sit pretty low. my hood has a pretty nasty lug nut dent right in the center of it. its about as big as my thumb and about 1/2" deep. i dont want to paint the hood and fix it because then the rest of the car will look like ****. was looking around and seen the max wedge scoops. they look awesome and fit the period correct theme im going for. anyone put one on an early a-body?

here is the car. it will soon have torque thrust wheels with the as cast centers and spun aluminum lip.

these wheels and this scoop on the valiant. would paint the scoop satin black and would have an inside flange so you would not see the mounting hardware.

CA0810-96649_1.jpg

I think it may be too long to look good on your A, ever think about doing a hemi scoop with the support posts in the middle? I grabbed this off bing

Attachments

• vali.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,399
I think it may be too long to look good on your A, ever think about doing a hemi scoop with the support posts in the middle? I grabbed this off bing

i like the hemi scoops on the 67-69 a bodies but im worried it would look outta place on the valiant. i like the max wedge scoop because its more subtle. my gf will also be driving the car and i dont want a giant scoop for her to have to look over.

I think the max wedge scoop would look awesome on the early valiant. I'll probably put one on my 66 Dart. The scoop is a little on the big side, but it'd probably look goofy if anyone made a smaller one. I think six pack scoops look good on early A's too (and not too big). Have you thought about using one of those?

I think the max wedge scoop would look awesome on the early valiant. I'll probably put one on my 66 Dart. The scoop is a little on the big side, but it'd probably look goofy if anyone made a smaller one. I think six pack scoops look good on early A's too (and not too big). Have you thought about using one of those?

i just dont think the 2nd generation scoops look right. your right about the scoop being big though. just looked up the dimensions. 22 1/2 by 29". thats pretty big. what about the super stock scoop? i like the low profile look of this and the max wedge.

Last%20RO23%20%28small%29.jpg

Oh man that's ugly. I can't stand that scoop. Only thing it looks decent on is tubbed 68 darts and cudas.

i just dont think the 2nd generation scoops look right. your right about the scoop being big though. just looked up the dimensions. 22 1/2 by 29". thats pretty big. what about the super stock scoop? i like the low profile look of this and the max wedge.

Last%20RO23%20%28small%29.jpg

That's the one. Had one on my 64 valiant for a while. Looked like it belonged there. Can't find pics of it though.

Oh man that's ugly. I can't stand that scoop. Only thing it looks decent on is tubbed 68 darts and cudas.

i somewhat agree. if your gonna have that big *** scoop the rest of the car better be able to back it up. maybe that is why i want a low profile scoop? dont want the car looking meaner then it really is. lol

I'd love to see a pic of an early A with that scoop.

ha ha ha buy one and ship it to me. i will send you all the pics you want.

after looking really hard at those pics i am really diggin' the refrigerator white color on those cars. if i ever paint the valiant she is going white with blue interior.

I think this one has potential. Not too big or in your face. It would take some work but what do you think?

Attachments

• 1967-pontiac-gto-hood-scoop.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 358
Mustang vibe?! Your fired! That's a 66-67 Pontiac GTO/lemans scoop! Lol

I like the max wedge scoop idea.

Aren't those 64 fenders?

My direction with the '63. :glasses7:

Attachments

• ramblin' 029.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 280
  • ramblin' 031.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 289