MCACN 2021 Sox Martin Demon

-
Something awesome about race cars that have true stock appearance and use stock parts.

Such an awesome car!

They pulled out of the event....they loaded up the car and went home due to a old guy from Titan Lifts vendor harassing Herb’s grandsons...too bad, many people were looking forward to talking with Herb.

Last edited:
Such an awesome car! They pulled out of the event....they loaded up the car and went home due to a old guy from Titan Lifts vendor harassing Herb’s grandsons...too bad many people were looking forward to talking with Herb.

why would he harrass them?

why would he harrass them?

Mike posted this on FB to let everyone know why they won’t be there.....

98F712DD-EC7C-46B5-BD06-E2316E408594.png

EE556E37-B2A2-47BF-AB86-76E9D210B0E6.png

A few years back, I ran into those PRICKS with Titan. They were set up outside at an event & when I pulled in, I got chastised about the dust getting all over their display. I too got a good cussing from one of them. I complained to the promoter & he went over to have a talk with them. They cussed him up & down, and said he couldn't tell them how to run their business. He proceeded to get security over & told them that they would not infringe upon the vendors. Again he got a good cussing & he told them to pack up their stuff & leave, The security people (off duty cops) made them pack up & haul their mangy asses out the gate. I would not buy their merchandise, if they were the last purveyor on earth after the incident with myself & the show promotor.

Something awesome about race cars that have true stock appearance and use stock parts.
The McCandless' 72 Demon has stock appearance, but it was modded. I believe in an interview he said that they cut the body from the floor pans, and lowered it like 2 inches or something like that. There were alot of suspension and lightening it up mods...

A few years back, I ran into those PRICKS with Titan. They were set up outside at an event & when I pulled in, I got chastised about the dust getting all over their display. I too got a good cussing from one of them. I complained to the promoter & he went over to have a talk with them. They cussed him up & down, and said he couldn't tell them how to run their business. He proceeded to get security over & told them that they would not infringe upon the vendors. Again he got a good cussing & he told them to pack up their stuff & leave, The security people (off duty cops) made them pack up & haul their mangy asses out the gate. I would not buy their merchandise, if they were the last purveyor on earth after the incident with myself & the show promotor.

Wow.

I had go back and read it twice. A show vendor cussing out a special display vehicle ?!? Really?

The promoter should have stepped in. But it’s a big place and may not have known. Or it was already too late.

Weird things set people off when setting up. There’s a lot of pressure, anxiety, confusion going around.

BUT Demonracer’s post of a very similar situation… that’s a vendor with issues. Time for the promoter to move on.

The McCandless' 72 Demon has stock appearance, but it was modded. I believe in an interview he said that they cut the body from the floor pans, and lowered it like 2 inches or something like that. There were alot of suspension and lightening it up mods...

Yes, it’s heavily modified and tricked out.

yes, I’m pretty sure we all know that, but it was done with stock parts and thusly still looked stock. Today’s ps cars nothing is stock.

Man does that thing run crisp, just watched it for the fifth time.

It wasn't easy, making the decision to load up and leave. I was in bowling green, KY for a museum conference. My nephews were in Chicago delivering the car and flying back so they could race this weekend. Then sunday, they were going to fly back up, load the car and drive home. My Dad is in Memphis with my brother going to the rodders dinner and meeting up with old friends (he was born in memphis). Pulling out required tons of logistic modifications, but I feel it was the right decision. Having the video of this mentally unstable loser, made everything worse. I had real concerns that the car would be messed with overnight. Anyone willing to come over to 2 kids and cuss them up and down and then put hands on them, isn't someone I need to be around. Countless people have met me and know I'm one of the most laid back people you'll ever meet. Mess with my family, that won't end well. Leaving eliminated the possibility of him doing something to my car, me doing something to him or worse, my Dad getting involved.

In no way do I blame the promoter. They do the best job they can with this show and this shouldn't reflect on the folks at MCACN. I called Bob to tell him what I was doing, he did everything in his power to try and keep me there. In the end, the only people to be upset with are the idiots at Titan Lifts who couldn't control their delusional old man. Anyone who acts the way he did, wasn't his first time. Given my situation, if anything were to happen, such as him getting laid out on the concrete floor, I would instantly get sued. I don't need that drama.

Mike, welcome to FABO. Please post the video. Everyone should know what the are in for with this man.

You gotta do what’s right for you.

The fact that this is a repetitive behavior with this Titan Lifts vendor takes this to another level. It’s a further reaching issue.

Last edited:
Mike, welcome to FABO. Please post the video. Everyone should know what the are in for with this man.

My goal is to de-escalate at this point. If I were to post the video, I don't see what good it would do. Everyone knows I go above and beyond to support events. Often times at significant expense because Dad loves it. I have never pulled out of an event, ever. That should say enough about what is on that video. I don't want someone who also has anger issues, to confront this old man at Titan Lifts over what happened. In the end, the loser at Titan will go on with his miserable life being angry at everything, yelling at clouds. We'll continue to support the events and the next time we do MCACN and if they are still there, I'll absolutely be the one unloading the car.

-
Back