Me and my '65 wagon

-

Gan_mhaithiunas

Reaction score
Hi all,

Probably should have done this to begin with so better late than never. I'm Kase and my old '65 Valiant V200 wagon has been in our family since 1979. It has always been there for whoever needed it in the family when everything else broke down. Just can't beat the slant six for reliability. I learned to drive in it and it was my first car. Whole lotta memories on four wheels.
After high school the poor old Valiant sat behind dad's shop for the next 26 years. Now I've dragged it out and am hoping to bring it back to life. The slant six (225) has been rebuilt and now it's time to start getting the rust repaired. The only thing that's not original is the transmission; dad and I put an A833 4speed Overdrive in it when I got it in High school. Anyway, that's all about me and my Valiant.

Attachments

• IMG_1552 - copia.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 183
I was driving one of those 65's when I met my wife-to-be, in 1976.I carried a gallon-jug of oil with me everywhere I went, and went through a lot of oil. Soon I put a 340 into it. I was 23.Time had no meaning back then.
Thanks for the memories, May you and your family make many of your own.
Looking good

Hey there from a fellow 65 Wagon owner ! I recently bought a 65 Valiant V200 wagon. It still has the original turquoise body / interior with the white top, and just needs the driver's rear lower quarter lost to cancer from the original exhaust. The 225 is about to be replaced with a 92 318 Magnum with non-lockup 904 and 9 inch Ford with discs all the way around.

Best of luck with the family's ole Reliable ! I look forward to seeing your progress.
Shaun

Attachments

• screenshot_2016-02-15-00-13-54-1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 155
Good lookin' car. Mine is gonna need a lotta floor but otherwise intact after 26 years+/-.
Gonna stick with the slant-six with a 4speed (O/D) manual tranny in mine.
*Tranny is an A-833 out of a pick-up. Gets great mileage with the overdrive.

These wagons are Addictive ! I may have to follow in your footsteps with the 225 for a little while. I am tempted to go with one of those Passon 5 speeds in the 833 case later on.

Welcome to the site. Put a build thread together in the "Members restorations" section once you get going. Cool project and cool history! You've come to the right place for parts and support!

Thanks everybody. Been away on business & haven't had time to get online. right now ive got the old car in the garage and started pulling the interior. will get some pics this afternoon and post 'em. the right side floor pan is gone and the the left floor pan is gone under the pedals but otherwise the rust situation looks manageable. Brought home some shocks and a couple other pieces for layer. Back to work for now...

-
Back