Measurement needed: Top of wheel well to peak of body line

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
The measurement of the quarter panel in the field in other words.

Thanks!

Hey Wood,
What car? And which body line?
Ok I know the car but which body line? The one an inch or so above the arch or the one that runs down the middle the length of the car?

Attachments

• 1974 Dart Swinger 10-1-12.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 57
Swinger, your car, I'm check to see if I messed up when I installed the wheel wells. The measurement legnthwise, center of the wheel well, top to bottom. Vertical.

7 5/8 inches to center body line and 15 3/4 inches to top of 1/4 panel from exact center of wheel well with the wheel well trim on
Measured the center by measureing distance between bottom of the wheel wells

Ok, it's making sense now, My replacement quarters are 15 5/8", confirming my suspicion.

I took the new wheel well fitment for granted, never dawned on me to take this measurement before I buzzed it on. I just went with what looked good.

The good news is the bottoms are set correctly. So I've just cut cut the tops and raise them up. 3/8 by my reading, both sides are exactally 15 1/4".

Shouldn't be too bad, just wish I caught it earlier. Time to invest in a 3" cutoff wheel at harbor freight. ](*,)

Thanks again man!

No Problem and if you are puttin on wheel trim that will make up for some of the difference in measurements as my car has them installed now

-
Back